More on Bush Power

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightjar said:
Condor, Bicter, CTX or any other who can help?
Have often thought about it but hesitated, would using a bread maker be out of the question while free camping, considering the bake time is around an hour?
Have a large inverter hard wired in caravan.
never thought about it till now , i'll get back to you

Condor -

Yep I had the Bluetooth freezing problem with earlier versions and reported it, but so far have not had that problem with the new version, not that I am sure that it won't happen again. I have had quite good support from them, but then they are only a few kms from my place, and I call around there if it is something that I believe needs technical support. Even had several of their top engineers doing face to face type fault finding when an earlier App would not connect to the Samsung mobile I was using at the time. I guess that and the van high current need got me into the early beta/adopter group. I don't pull any punches with things that I find that I don't like, but they haven' given me the boot yet.

Rob P.

Nightjar said:
bicter said:
Having said all that the simple solution, if fuel supply isn't a problem, would be to run the genny for the duration of cooking or crank up the camp oven :)

Me thinks you have nailed the the simple bread making.
Me cutting a mates loaf he baked using genny. (Jon is a wag who donated these Jimmy hats)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...r_cutting_a_slice_of_jon_s_bread-mt.celia.jpg

Got a tip for the camp bread lovers.

Put a handful of macadamia nuts in to your usual bread mix , it makes the loaf a bit more moist , lighter , more fluffy and I dont mean someone Farted.

I have a Panasonic one its awesome , I use the laucke premix flour.

This is only a small loaf , I can get them 8 inches tall.

1572951624_de1f9402-fedd-4b47-b083-ef789cd4c307.jpg

Nightjar said:
Crevice S,
Are you sure?
They don't look like macadamia nuts?

I throw the macadamia in whole but the kneading action breaks them up into tiny pieces you can barely see.

The black things are linseed or black sesame. ( laucke multigrain soy and linseed ) , The German Grain mix is pretty chunky if you like whole meal.

Your photo shows a plain white flour mix ?

Whatever your style of loaf you cant beat fresh hot bread with butter melting off it. :p

ctxkid said:

Arrived today but the instructions are a bit of a worry.

Opening paragraph of instruction;
1. Safety precautions
Caution: Shouting a rechargeable battery or Wat Meter connected to a .................
:lol:

Question: I have matching Anderson plug on rear end of ute that plugs into caravan. My thoughts are, the Watt Meter/Power Analyzer would connect here?
My set up is;
Alternator to starting batteries to auxiliary battery to rear of ute to caravan to charge van batteries while travelling and the Amp hungry fridge is running.
There are two solenoids in the system along with two 100amp fuses, one at auxiliary battery exit and the other close to the vans two 110AH batteries.

If anyone can make sense of this will the Meter do the job?

Nightjar,
The meter measures the current/power passing through it.
If you connect to the anderson at rear of van, you will only measure the current/power passing between the car and van.
What do you want to measure?
Normally, you would put it between solar and battery to measure solar power delivered to the battery or put it between the battery and the load to measure the amount of power delivered by the battery over a measured period of time. For instance, use it to measure the total amphours used by you over a period of time, such as an hour or 24 hour.
Hope that sheds some light on how it's used

the fridge is the load side , and the battery the other , Bicter is on the money

and yes the nippas don't have anyone proof read their instructions :lol:

bicter said:
Nightjar,
The meter measures the current/power passing through it.
Hope that sheds some light on how it's used

Thanks for the help. Watched a number of Youtubes last night and the picture is quite clear now.
Will discard the useless digital meter on the box of tricks and tap this one in on the "load" side to keep an eye on both fridges and detector/GPS/Radio and other sundries that get charged.
If this is successful will purchase another meter and put it in the "source", solar
Has anyone made up the 9V patch lead to keep the meter ticking over through the night if hooked up to solar, if so where did you buy the three pin plug?
Was looking to buy the meter local (gulp) double+ compared to online. $39 local, $17 online.

Why is this need Nightjar ? (9V bat) Does this meter lose it's data at night if on a solar circuit?

BTW, what is the quiescent current drain? (or how much does the meter use to work?)

My monitors are <10mA which is about a 1/4 of an AH per day.

condor22 said:
Why is this need Nightjar ? (9V bat) Does this meter lose it's data at night if on a solar circuit?
BTW, what is the quiescent current drain? (or how much does the meter use to work?)

These meters measure from 0 - 60V, but only operate from 8 - 60V without an auxilliary power source. Meter internal power usage (ie. quiescent current), isn't stated in the specs. Any power interruption (eg. solar ending at dusk), resets their cumulative/average tallies, which start afresh when power is restored.

condor22 said:

they drop the data when disconnected/no solar

grubstake said:
These meters measure from 0 - 60V, but only operate from 8 - 60V without an auxilliary power source. Meter internal power usage (ie. quiescent current), isn't stated in the specs. Any power interruption (eg. solar ending at dusk), resets their cumulative/average tallies, which start afresh when power is restored.
hook a 9 volt up to the pins and it will keep it all active, loosing nothing ;)

condor22 said:

Question already partly answered. The 9V required to retain data through hours of darkness if monitoring solar.
0.01 is showing on screen with meter plugged into source without any load attached. Surmising that is the running expense?
Still trying to find a three pin plug to make up a lead.

Latest posts