WTB coil attachment bracket

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK so i've been struggling along with the coil attached to a bit of wood, but it keeps coming loose. So is there anywhere i can get a plastic moulded piece for mounting a coil on? I've not had much luck online finding one.

Thanks

James

I assume you have broken the coil attachment where the bolt goes through the bottom of the shaft. Is that correct ?

What coil and what machine are you chasing it for ?

1573185739_p1040667.jpg
1573185768_p1040668.jpg

Coiltek have a piece that will glue into the normal bottom shaft if you brake it
the other photo is what i do to strengthen the shaft, its a piece of 19mm drip hose heat it in hot water open a vice so your shaft just slides between the jaws of the vice with the 19mm soft it will slide over the shaft

Been trying to find those ISO rod ends myself, only store I could find them without the shaft as well was in the US.

Minelab dealers should be able to get them if they don't stock them. Minelab part no. 8007-0010.
The Minelab ones will probably cost about the same as a full Coiltek 700mm lower shaft though.

Maybe I am reading it wrong but my guess is Marauder is looking for the bracket in the middle of the top of the coil???? The bit the shaft attaches to. At present he may have glued a block of wood to it?

Be good if you came back to clarify James :Y:

1573210255_s-l640.jpg

Yeah guys I'm after the bit on the end of the shaft that bolts onto the coil. basically mine at the moment is a bit of wood with a hole in it, and it gets loose too easily.

The thing "old hand" has above is what i'm after.

Status
Not open for further replies.