You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Wheremuhgoldat
19 September 2019 10:46 pm

Hey BigWave, we appreciate you passing on tips and info. We have always said from the start that we are very much beginners, we watch some videos then give things a try (panning, detecting). After we give it a red hot go that's when we ask for help from professionals.

With panning we ended up getting help from a few different people and as mentioned in the last video we are getting professional detecting lessons next week. On top of that some other kind people have offered to show us around as well and teach us what they know.

We also have said that we aren't filming to make money or be YouTube famous, we are documenting our way so we can look back at our progress. The thumbnails, the descriptions and the videos themselves point out that we are just beginning. People message us daily who are also just beginning and they like watching other people who are noobs like themselves.

I guess if you don't like the vids, don't watch them? I do appreciate that you posted what you posted in the spirit of helping us out and that's always welcome. But yeah, you and the other curious seasoned gold hunters probably should give our future videos a miss because it's going to be more of us making mistakes and learning from friendly people that offer to share their knowledge.

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

6 users like this post: Mike501, brucee, BigWave, Jazz, Panny McGee, sand surfer

Wheremuhgoldat
19 September 2019 10:48 pm

Mike501 wrote:

The only problem with up here is that the gold fields are 3 hours from home so can’t just go out for an hour detecting.

3 hours! We are in a similar situation, it takes us an hour and a half to get to the goldfields we like to visit. But geez, 3 hours is a bit much, more than half the day gone just in travel!

Last edited by Wheremuhgoldat (19 September 2019 11:10 pm)

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

1 user likes this post: Panny McGee

Mike501
20 September 2019 07:19 am

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:
Mike501 wrote:

The only problem with up here is that the gold fields are 3 hours from home so can’t just go out for an hour detecting.

3 hours! We are in a similar situation, it takes us an hour and a half to get to the goldfields we like to visit. But geez, 3 hours is a bit much, more than half the day gone just in travel!

Yea it is a pain but when you enjoy doing it you don’t mind the drive, I usually leave about 4am so I can get an early start but it makes for a long day, also try to do overnighters when time permits.

Gp3000, 2 pans , clarifier.

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee

Wheremuhgoldat
20 September 2019 09:00 am

The perfect excuse for a night or two away! You are right though, when it's for something you enjoy the drive doesn't matter at all. It's usually a good chance for me to listen to the '80's tunes that my other mates hate (The Eagles are my driving buddies perfect ).

5 users like this post: Mike501, hippyhunter, Ship of fools, Panny McGee, Hard Luck

Mike501
20 September 2019 11:55 am

Sounds good.

Gp3000, 2 pans , clarifier.

hippyhunter
20 September 2019 01:48 pm

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:

The perfect excuse for a night or two away! You are right though, when it's for something you enjoy the drive doesn't matter at all. It's usually a good chance for me to listen to the '80's tunes that my other mates hate (The Eagles are my driving buddies perfect ).

I have 70's and 80's disco tunes pumping on the long drive to gt. Must look hilarious to other drivers. "Born to be alive" rick hernandez gets the detector party started!?

Wheremuhgoldat
20 September 2019 04:52 pm

hippyhunter wrote:
Wheremuhgoldat wrote:

I have 70's and 80's disco tunes pumping on the long drive to gt. Must look hilarious to other drivers. "Born to be alive" rick hernandez gets the detector party started!?

Born...
Born...
Born...

Born for the long drive!

Love it hippyhunter, a bit of Laura Branigan playing and I lose my self control big_smile

2 users like this post: hippyhunter, Hard Luck

BigWave
20 September 2019 05:58 pm

A fair response mate. All the best perfect

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

3 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee, Hard Luck

Wheremuhgoldat
20 September 2019 06:58 pm

BigWave wrote:

A fair response mate. All the best perfect

Same to you mate, take care and good luck! gold-nugget pickshovel

1 user likes this post: Hard Luck

Jazz
20 September 2019 08:38 pm

Perfect response Wheremuhgoldat. I couldn't have worded it more diplomatically.

In particular, in the comments sections in YouTube, you see it all the time where people say "There are much easier ways to make $20" etc... It's strange to see poeople think that it is all about making money. These poor guys have to re-iterate on every second video that they do this for fun, it's a hobby, it's not about making money.

Everything you find is priceless in its own little way.

I have a grand total of about 0.06 grams in a little vial from over a dozen outings. I could have spent two bucks and saved a heap of cash in the process, and just bought it off a shelf. But then it wouldn't really be all mine.

The coolest thing ever was panning out my first speck of gold.

7 users like this post: Ward69, Hard Luck, Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee, Mike501, Eldorado, sand surfer

Ward69
20 September 2019 08:55 pm

Jazz wrote:

In particular, in the comments sections in YouTube, you see it all the time where people say "There are much easier ways to make $20" etc... It's strange to see poeople think that it is all about making money. These poor guys have to re-iterate on every second video that they do this for fun, it's a hobby, it's not about making money.

I have a grand total of about 0.06 grams in a little vial from over a dozen outings. I could have spent two bucks and saved a heap of cash in the process, and just bought it off a shelf. But then it wouldn't really be all mine.

What I like about , it’s not fake , and funny to watch , some videos come out each week showing gold after gold Its not real.

5 users like this post: Jazz, Panny McGee, Wheremuhgoldat, Mike501, sand surfer

Jazz
20 September 2019 09:03 pm

^^ 100% that too! You know it is all legit.

I was almost jealous at the thought that they were going to find some nugs before me, with all of our newly purchased GM1000's. was a relief to see them find the same crap that I do. tongue

Won't hold it against you guys when you do though lol

4 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Mike501, Panny McGee, sand surfer

Wheremuhgoldat
20 September 2019 09:41 pm

Jazz wrote:

Now THIS was perfectly worded Jazz. We genuinely flipped out when we got our very first speck, we have spent far too much money on petrol, gear and general wear and tear for gold hunting to ever be about making money for us. We just love getting out into nature and trying our hand at the prospecting game.

It may only be 0.06gms but its YOURS and every single bit you found was a genuine win. Every time you go out and enjoy yourself is a win. Being out in the bush is a win. If a huge nugget ever shows up then thats icing on the cake.

Like you said, everything we find is priceless. We have rocks we found in the creek sitting on our bookshelves because they "just kinda looked cool." We are having the time of our lives and we sincerely hope that everyone else is as well. That's why we always say that if you see us out and about please come on over for a cuppa and a chat.

By the way Jazz, there is very little chance that we will ever find more gold than you lol

Except Dunky, she finds pickers all the time roll

4 users like this post: Mike501, Panny McGee, Jazz, sand surfer

Wheremuhgoldat
20 September 2019 09:43 pm

trophy

Ward69 wrote:
Jazz wrote:

What I like about , it’s not fake , and funny to watch , some videos come out each week showing gold after gold Its not real.

You are right there Ward69, if we were faking then by God we would have had better results lol

Last edited by Wheremuhgoldat (20 September 2019 09:52 pm)

4 users like this post: Mike501, Panny McGee, Jazz, sand surfer

Panny McGee
31 October 2019 09:01 am

Hey guys! big_smile

It finally happened! We found our own amazing bedrock sticking out at Slaty creek! Like the very riffles of the gods, the bones of the Earth slice horizontally across the mighty creek, trapping gold within their dark confines. Gold that had lain dormant for many an eon, thinking to itself that it will never again burst fourth in its gleaming splendour to once again kiss the sun. This is where our intrepid adventurers Dunky and the Rav3n enter the story...

So...yeah Dunky found us an awesome location that doesn't look like it's been mined in a loooooong time. We have found heaps of old pottery and leadshot but no signs of recent excavation. Big beautiful bedrock is sitting there begging for us to extract the shiny gold within it. And extract we did! Things started off slow but by the end of this episode the gold we were pulling out was remarkable.

In our next episode we bring our sluices to the area to get as much gold as possible so make sure you look out for Vol 2!

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy the vid!
big_smile goldpan pickshovel gold-nugget

Last edited by Panny McGee (31 October 2019 09:01 am)

One half of a crazy couple who are documenting our new and exciting journey into prospecting

8 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, robmoto, Mike501, MegsyB007, Brother, Billy, sand surfer, Gunna

Wheremuhgoldat
31 October 2019 05:42 pm

Almost finished on the next video as well big_smile gold-nugget goldpan pickshovel

1 user likes this post: Mike501

Franco
31 October 2019 05:54 pm

Thank goodness.
It’s been too long between drinks!
Going to watch it now!

Newbie with a modded SD2000, and a willingness to learn.

Wheremuhgoldat
02 November 2019 05:28 pm

Another video is up, we are at the same place as the last video. When you find a nice little patch of bedrock why not go back? smile

6 users like this post: Caesar, MegsyB007, Billy, Mike501, Ded Driver, HippyProspecting

Jmoilz90
02 November 2019 06:13 pm

just watched all your videos and i say well done looks like yous are having an absolute ball out there keep up the vids perfect

2 users like this post: Panny McGee, Wheremuhgoldat

Panny McGee
03 November 2019 01:20 am

Thanks heaps Jmoilz! And thanks for watching smile
We genuinely appreciate the support, it means alot. If you ever see us out and about, feel free to come over and say hi!

Good luck out there mate, may all your pans be heavy! goldpan gold-nugget

Last edited by Panny McGee (03 November 2019 01:37 am)

One half of a crazy couple who are documenting our new and exciting journey into prospecting

Wheremuhgoldat
03 November 2019 06:45 pm

New video out! It's something a little different. We really get into holidays even when they aren't Australian holidays. If there's a chance to wear costumes, drink and eat too much and generally just muck about then sign us up! Yes this is a Halloween episode but there is some genuinely good gold in it due to a little dual sluicing action. It's SCARY how much gold we get smile

3 users like this post: Billy, nucopia, MegsyB007

Jmoilz90
04 November 2019 12:14 am

Thanks hopefully good luck comes all our ways ✊?✊?, next time use are out Ballarat way feel free to sing out and will say gday ?????? Always good meeting new prospectors out ,

sand surfer
04 November 2019 10:52 am

Hi Wheremugoldat, a little about myself so you know where i am comming from, i was fortunate enough to meet a old prospecter not long after i started fossicking/prospecting, he took me under his wing and yes school was in,he taught me how to read the land/rivers/gullies/man made areas or nature supplied and the longest course of them all "the art of loaming",he sat there and watched as i was loaming a area on his property, 6 weekend's later i found the same small reef that he had found himself, that was shedding small gold phew passed big_smile .Know to your videos,i find them entertaining,i don't watch a video and say, been there done that, i watch it for 2 reason's(1)how the stars of the show present themselves to the viewer's thumbsup you are a pair of funny buggers (2)is the content educational,yes it is to the newbies out there people like the dunky and the raven, stumbling from one toe stubbing to the next, then it's poop that hurt another mistake corrected, and the hints from other prospectors that you pass on to help the viewers that are new, in your videos there has been a couple of places that i would not have walked passed without given he pick and pan ago but, a bit more learning and you wont walk past it either,so keep the videos comming and i will keep laughing with you not at you lol ,i maybe down that way from december to march 2020/2021 visiting family might be able to meet up , by then you will be able to give me some hints and tricks of the trade,that's what it is all about sharing information with like minded people big_smile keep up the good work and don't loose the humor in your videos thumbsup beer

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

3 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Jackpot, Panny McGee

Wheremuhgoldat
06 November 2019 12:09 pm

Thanks heaps for the kind words sand surfer! When it comes to making a million mistakes so that we (and other newbies) can learn then we are your people smile

Woah loaming looks super tough, basically picking through huge amounts of dirt? You did it though, you found that reef. I bet it was one of the best days of your life!

There's no danger of us losing that humour because without it we are a couple of people digging in the mud for little or no reward lol

sand surfer
06 November 2019 04:58 pm

All good Wheremuhgoldat, i still have day's set aside for toe healing lol keep the vid's going and may your pans always have a shiny in it thumbsup beer

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site