NuggetFinder 25" DD X-Search First Impressions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevewilko said:
Hi All..

From the last line of the test result x Nenad I read

4500 & 5000 - 25" XDD - S Extra & Mono - 69cm.

Am I correct in understanding as this is in mono selection - this as 'half' the 25XDD is in operation, viz, this equates to a 12.5 mono?

Seems an out of line result @ 69 cm as per my understanding.

Is this a valid equation of mine ?

Thank you,
wilko.
Actually, because of the overlapping between TX and RX the TX alone will be equal to about a 19" (approximately 25"x14") or so mono coil, hence the similarities in results between 19" Evo and 25"XDD(in mono mode). In ideal circumstance the 19" Evo will display a pinch better results as it is a circular in shape therefore more efficient than a D shaped TX. Any bigger than 19" Mono would be deeper than the 25"XDD.

Hi All

A relative size comparison if you will.

If you have been considering just how large the NF 25"X DD is and have perhaps been running a tape over a table or the floor, (as I did!!)...this photo might assist!

This is a 14" wheel with a 185 14 60C L/T tyre comparison.

There are only millimetres in size difference.

1567129517_nf_25x_dd_size_comparison.jpg

Thanks to Nenad for this supply and for all his assistance throughout the forum.

Cheers stevewilko

Nice slug! Think If I ever get of one these coils i'd have a smaller coil handy after a few hits with the pick Just so you dont need an earth mover to get to the nugget.
That's almost mining!

Watched the vid last night, was a clear signal and nice chunk. I need someone who is an expert in this field to give me some honest info Re: I have the old coiltek 25in dd which i use on my old SD2200d, i have dug a coke can opener which was buried in an old timers hole which was later bulldozed to make a track at around 20-24in and i had my machine in it's deepest setting which is around a foot deeper than normal settings,( how do i know it's 1 ft deeper testing and more testing). I need to know if i should buy one of these new DD X-search coils or save my bikkies. What; if any advantage would i have over my old coil?
I am finally coming down to vic for a week or two very soon, my health has improved somewhat, have tried high dose vit-c did 30 grams in one day, the first day did 21 grams yesterday, today going for 15grams, i think the bug thats on my lungs is still there, but i do feel alot stronger on this vit-c so if i have to, will continue to take it until i can finish my detecting trip, then finally if this bug is still there, will go and see my quack, this is a nasty bug whatever it is let me tell ya, never experienced anything like it before, and never want to again!!
And i am thinking about stopping at Coiltek Maryborough, to have a look at what 2nd hand detectors they might have, 5000 or 4500 anyone bought one from these guys, and if so any problems?

Hello Ironrock, trust you are getting better daily.

I just thought to answer you as I am an owner of the NF 25X DD coil.

For me it was a choice to upgrade in coil size, and presumably, to detect at a greater depth.

I up sized from an NF Advantage series 18" Mono coil, which is only part of my coils kit.

My current approach in 'going bigger' is to be able to re-detect the prior heavily detected areas, hopefully denuded of a lot of trash, with a sense of being able to get below or under where everyone else has been detecting tied to (perhaps) lesser depth provided with the last decades technologies, if so.

It is also the iron reject function of the latter series detectors that I think is of benefit of taking up the large 25" DD, to reduce the chance of digging very large holes for iron junk etc.

I read that you use the Coiltech 25" DD coil with an SD2200. I would think as you attest to having great usable depth currently there might not be a large gain in upgrading, however I do not know the SD2200 detector myself.

But overall, part of my reply to your post is to offer you to locate the Metal Detecting For Gold section of this forum; and on the index page I have posted a review of a couple of series of detectors with different coils that you will find as - "wilko's week out - detectors and coils - depth test results".

It was largely a fun exercise with the detectors running in factory presets but you might pick up something of value to you within.

Keep Up The Good Work. Take It Easy..
Cheers stevewilko.

p.s. The NF 25" DD was a bit of a star recruit within the test, I thought...

Wilko mate, thanks for the cheer up, hopefully on the improve at least for a few months, have a fairly rare lung condition and infections are part and parcel, so something i just have to fight, and unfortunately for me for the rest of my life, but i am as tuff as they come, so no little bug is going to kick my bloody ass let me tell ya!!
Yeah i did have a look at your tests, very interesting, i am assuming since these new coils are wound 2 different ways there could be some improvement at least on the sensitivity side of things, but not necc depth wise. Someone like candigger should be able to answer my question thoroughly i believe so mate if u would be kind enough.......

Ironrock,
I would stick with the Coiltek if your only searching for larger gold. The nugget finder will give better depth on gold under say 3-5 ounce due to spiral winding but I doubt any advantage on larger gold at depth.
2 feet on a ring pull sounds very very good. Was that measured depth?

Chrisco mate, yeah i think i will stick with the old coiltek, if i can snag a decent chunk, then hey; why not! Yep it was measured, i have a very large pick has 3 ft long handle, so i first measured with the handle then against my shoes which are size 12, so it was around the the 2ft mark, but not 100% accurate, so why i went with 20-24in!!!

Chrisco said:
Hey Nenad,
Next time your out testing could you do an air test on an empty unflattened 375ml aluminium soft drink can and post the result?
I would be very interested to know the maximum distance it will pick this up in the air.

Thanks
Chris

Forgive if already posted.... here's your can depth.

Jen

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29L2CVX4ZsI[/video]

stevewilko said:
Hello Ironrock, trust you are getting better daily.

But overall, part of my reply to your post is to offer you to locate the Metal Detecting For Gold section of this forum; and on the index page I have posted a review of a couple of series of detectors with different coils that you will find as - "wilko's week out - detectors and coils - depth test results".

It was largely a fun exercise with the detectors running in factory presets but you might pick up something of value to you within.

Keep Up The Good Work. Take It Easy..
Cheers stevewilko.

p.s. The NF 25" DD was a bit of a star recruit within the test, I thought...

Direct link: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32051

Thank you for the info....

Jennifer

wiley coyote said:
Being so large and powerful, does the coil produce any signal from the detector box when swinging it,or any other metallic objects on your equipment?
Provided the box and coil are in EXACTLY the same motion (ie no shaft flex), you should not hear the metal of the box unless you're hearing leaking RFI..... you can tape a coin onto the top of your coil and not hear it if the tape is tight enough... now your pick on your hip, you'll hear that for sure.. start packing on your shoulder... I just ordered mine for a huge push I'm working.

Jen

stevewilko said:
Hi All

A relative size comparison if you will.

If you have been considering just how large the NF 25"X DD is and have perhaps been running a tape over a table or the floor, (as I did!!)...this photo might assist!

This is a 14" wheel with a 185 14 60C L/T tyre comparison.

There are only millimetres in size difference.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8651/1567129517_nf_25x_dd_size_comparison.jpg

Thanks to Nenad for this supply and for all his assistance throughout the forum.

Cheers stevewilko

I LOVE that photo... I stole it... hope you don't mind.. (gave you a shout out for it though) LOL

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14403-x-search-by-nugget-finder-new/?page=2

Jen :)

1572918064_1567129517_nf_25x_dd_size_comparison.jpg

Candigger said the 25"DD would be equal to about a 19" (approximately 25"x14") or so mono coil.

Going by a test result at an in-ground test site on a 2oz gold nugget at 2 foot depth the 25"XDD was able to be raised approx an extra 6" above the ground over the nugget for a response with the Detector's Coil/Rx set to DD and slightly less above the ground when set to Mono.

The same test with a 21"CC coil with the Detector Coil/Rx set in either DD or Mono produced no response with the coil at ground level over the 2oz nugget at the 2 foot depth. Even when the CC coil's switch was set to Maximum Depth or High Mineralisation still no response to the nugget at this depth.

Oh I forgot to mention the tests I refer to was videoed by Gold Hunter Matt after his fall out with Candigger.

Rush said:
Candigger said the 25"DD would be equal to about a 19" (approximately 25"x14") or so mono coil.

Going by a test result at an in-ground test site on a 2oz gold nugget at 2 foot depth the 25"XDD was able to be raised approx an extra 6" above the ground over the nugget for a response with the Detector's Coil/Rx set to DD and slightly less above the ground when set to Mono.

The same test with a 21"CC coil with the Detector Coil/Rx set in either DD or Mono produced no response with the coil at ground level over the 2oz nugget at the 2 foot depth. Even when the CC coil's switch was set to Maximum Depth or High Mineralisation still no response to the nugget at this depth.

That test was bogus and was removed from You Tube. Can you please produce a reliable new video test to back up this figures?

Candigger said:
Can you please produce a reliable new video test to back up this figures?

Unfortunately I do not own or have access to either of these coils.
Maybe Hermann can since he has your 21"CC coil and maybe get access to a 25"XDD coil?

True it is huge, but still much lighter than the Z coil. I run it with the 5000 shaft as short as I can get it and still be comfortable, a bungy, guide arm, plus I've moved the 5000 control box as far back as I possibly can to help counter-balance it. It's quite comfortable after all that, and I can swing it all day. It's more the great big bomb craters that I sometimes dig that leave me stuffed :)

Latest posts