What would you do?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie - Upper Yarra Valley

Have got a stockpile of 50m3 of river gravel and rocks (sand to 200mm rocks), from recently dug out fill pad on river flats, was dug out from old river bed, scraping the bedrock. is 4o m from Yarra R.

Hopefully someone could give advice on is it worth looking for gold and best way?

Pile is located next to a dam

Thanks for your time

thanks Jaros,

Month off maybe in 20 years

Process? as in grade rock sizes and sluice, what would be a cheap method please? I have a little digger that can load 1/4 of a m3

I could sample some of it if you like to see what its yields are like. May have something, may have nothing.

Another thing, would you be open to have someone metal detect the paddocks for relics of what was once opposite you?

Wont be able to message contact details to each other till youve written 10 comments I think it is here, but if youd rather, I could just come door knock this week. We get our milk from the dairy

As AR said.......test pan a number of locations on the stockpile and run a detector over it.

If it yields gold, do some more research on legal quantities that can be processes under your miners right and develop a processing strategy that suits ......... or ......... do some research on becoming a gold miner

Good luck :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

I have a few permissions to dig along the flat, just havnt had the time to spend a couple days out there yet. Rain keeps swamping the place out, which I'm sure you know all about

Pretty impressive that you hit bedrock there though. Could be a sparkle that someone could be interested in, or help you run a sluice for your own yield if its worth it

Latest posts