Battery Given Up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Marine batteries, what a pain. Dropped the boat in for its service to be told one of the batteries was down in power. Dont seem to last like they used to. Only put it in the boat in Feb 2004. At least its mate (installed at the same time)is still running strong. So much for Chinese batteries.

Cheers

Les

Lesgold said:
Hi Folks,

Marine batteries, what a pain. Dropped the boat in for its service to be told one of the batteries was down in power. Dont seem to last like they used to. Only put it in the boat in Feb 2004. At least its mate (installed at the same time)is still running strong. So much for Chinese batteries.

Cheers

Les

You should have put this in one of the jokes pages to expect 15 + years.

Rob P

When I went back a couple of years ago to the mate who sold me the batteries, I asked where they came from as I wanted to thank the manufacturers for the quality of their product. He then said to me do you speak Chinese? Anyway, Ill try to get the same brand when I replace the tired battery.

Cheers

Les

Just an update on the batteries. Still running fine. Got the boat serviced today and got a phone call saying that both batteries were down a bit. Will replace both of them next week. Nearest agent for this battery is 1 1/2 hours away. Only 18 years old. They just dont make them like they used to.