Minelab Vanquish (340 440 540) tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

So the big question is when will they be released here in Australia?, I have heard it was to be this year and then later heard that it will be early 2020, but as far as the way they look appearance is not everything but the performance is far more important, take the Sdc2300 for instance, pig dog ugly, ergonomically brutal, 1950's batteries etc, but its most definitely an electronic gold vacuum cleaner.

The only issue I have is there are too many choices available in the minelab range of coin and relic detectors, for the novice it must be a nightmare to try and decide what to buy, and its confusing for the people who have been around for awhile as well.

What irks me the most, (MINELAB if you guys are listening, if you are pumping out all these wonder machines why the hell cant you put the workings of the Sdc2300 into a lightweight and ergonomically comfortable layout? with li ion batteries and blue tooth, we are all waiting to but one, PLEASE! :inlove:

cheers

stayyerAU

The Johnny Appleseed website said the Vanquish will be released in Dec 2019.

I think that you will find that the SDC is built like that because it is the civilian version of the Mine Detector which is made to be very sturdy to withstand the abuse of hand fisted military personnel. I don't think I'd like a lighter built SDC as it would be damaged out in the bush where I go.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Forum Members.

Has anyone heard of a new GPX 5500 coming out next year?

There are a couple of whispers I have heard from the USA.

Keep your ear to the ground thanks.

Cheers ozziegold. :/

Is it just me or does anyone else think Minelab is wasting their time with the new vanquish range of detectors?

I just don't understand why they would make this Machine when they could of made a CTX6060 or 4040 or a new Nox machine. I understand they want to attack the lower price market, but this thing looks and acts like a toy for $600, and the Nox 600 in some cases, you can get for around $800 online.

I've seen a YouTube video doing a demonstration on it and I couldn't believe how bad it looked and performed. Don't get me wrong I love Minelab as a company but I feel they could of invested their time into something way better. :(

Latest posts