GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last couple of trips i havent bothered doing a noise cancel or ground balance just got it out of the car turned it on for 5 minutes and left it running laying on the ground while getting ready. This idea was suggested to me by a friend and has worked great so far. Gold every outing and its ran great so I think I will stick with it.

Interesting observation today. We are doing some pushing on an area we got a bit of gold out of. Its very variable ground, mix of quartz wash, gravels and white clay.
I know from past detecting here that even difficult moans and groans....Today tried normal...same moans and groans.. certainly wasnt any worse surprisingly!
Normal is a beast...detected some tiny bits of bucket shards in HY/Normal that actually almost blanked the machine :)
Some gold...Not much...need more :)

kingswood said:
Interesting observation today. We are doing some pushing on an area we got a bit of gold out of. Its very variable ground, mix of quartz wash, gravels and white clay.
I know from past detecting here that even difficult moans and groans....Today tried normal...same moans and groans.. certainly wasnt any worse surprisingly!
Normal is a beast...detected some tiny bits of bucket shards in HY/Normal that actually almost blanked the machine :)

Yeah have been using normal more and more and with a bit of careful coil control and slowing down a bit the Z does stuff that continues to surprise even after 4 years of use.

goldwright said:
kingswood said:

Yeah have been using normal more and more and with a bit of careful coil control and slowing down a bit the Z does stuff that continues to surprise even after 4 years of use.
I may use normal a bit more too :)
If only there was a way to make it ignore loader bucket bits ha ha.

I will be buying a gpz in the next week or so and wondering if the bigger coil is worth getting?

GPZ+19" user :lol:
1575262899_crab_1_big_claw.jpg

Yep GPZ will do that to you but you have to see what it is because one day hopefully it will come out as the right colour.

I've almost been as deep, I have the same pick. digging a good sounding signal and up came part of an old fan belt :/ The ground was pretty soft, I think I must have been on an old pushed dump site, plenty of other filled in holes as well. Worked away, I'll never know :(