Thanes Creek QLD Queensland information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck out there lads, take plenty of h2o and stay hydrated.
I been doing a lot of scuba lately, making more money getting lead out of the ocean than gold, got 689 kilos @ $2.30 a kilo it pays ok.
But the gold bug is biting again and a trip out west is calling.
Good luck on the hunt
Cheers
Brad

MarkAllen said:
Did you all take the dirt home with you? Theres no water there to pan? Ha ha.
Plastic 44 drum cut in half,
Sit it on a milk crate so you can sit comfortably in a chair without hurting your back while panning,
Take 20lt drums of water with you to fill it,
Keep some clean water seperate to put in your pan when swirling off at the end.

I am the expert on thane creek prospecting area.
After learning to follow the gold line,
If you've seen my diggings there that's 3 years of work,
The middle section holding 00.20 per 40kg of dirt but that is me cleaning dirt and fill buckets .
The running under water 30 minutes before panning at home.
Its 15 dollars of gold for 3 hours work and 40 dollars of fuel.
Its not about the money its about spending time out bush relaxing once a week enjoying life and yes seeing gold in every pan its about living life enjoying your days off

What do you do well I work 52 hours a week.
So my relaxing is driving 240km per week out to thanes creek prospecting areas and Durikai then 240km home .
Spending 12 hour's out bush away from Brisbane.
Walking around out bush with SDC and dgging digging holes.
Most weeks I come home with 00.20 to 00.60 if lucky.
Wow $15 to $40 dollars of gold its all about living life and enjoying life as life is way to short.
Being out bush is relaxing I spend 40 dollars of fuel travel 240km.

Yes it's amazing to see colours in panning at home after bringing out but but remember its about enjoying life

If youve seen your diggings there.? If you can see your diggings there after 3 years it sounds like your just making a mess of the land and area.!

Mallow..
1572513762_img_20191031_191306.jpg

Might go and check out Thanes GPA on Sunday for something different. Cool change expected..

I have just returned from three nights out at the new Hart Hill camp-site. Mark and Jane have an extraordinary 28 acres to get your pick stuck into or 1600m of absolute creek frontage for your pan.

At this stage facilities are basic, self sufficiency is a good rule of thumb but they are working on fixing that. They provided me with a lovely setting, loaded with potential and could not have been more helpful or friendly.

There is a small stock of foodstuffs if you arrive empty handed also.

Only a minute or two from Thanes Creek fossicking area, Talgai and Durakai if you feel the need to wander offsite.

I will definitely return, I only covered a very small area with my detector so plenty more to keep me interested and somewhere that has not been smashed by fossickers!

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Latest posts