Yarra Valley Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing RM.

Mainly because the Yarra Valley is based around the Yarra River, and any tributary of the Yarra River above the Plenty River is exempt. Which I assume is every creek or river in the Yarra Valley, that would all lead to the Yarra River.

Except the small section of Anderson's Creek where prospecting is allowed at Warrandyte. And watch out for tiger snakes around there!

Cheers,
Megsy

Took the kids out for a pan today... tried Hoddles Creek, second time I've been there but can never find a way down to the creek bed or a decent place to pan...

Went to Yankee Jim's and found a nice place to get into.. kids both found a few specs as did I..

Had great fun.. but if anyone's got any tips where to get down into Hoddles I'd appreciate it. To be fair, perhaps the water level was a bit high today..

Oh and had the absolute best pie's we've ever had from the Gladysvale Bakehouse on the way home.

hi im just wondering if anybody would know where i can find any info on old mine sites and shaft locations in the yarra valley? any help appreciated

If you take the first road on your left while heading towards Hoddles Ck then first left after the bridge you can walk or drive ( when it drys out a bit ) down to the waters edge.

Latest posts