Nth qld gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any one got any advise for prospecting around Collinsville and Mount Coolum up out of Bowen with a high banker or detector

I think the high banker would be a no no....cant use any mechanical device ie. pump in queensland unless you have a mining lease..I think a lot of the country around Mt. Coolum would be private property or leases...Collinsville area would be taken up with mining leases.(coal mines)..maybe check with dept. of mines for the area...

Do some research on Mt Wyatt... its near you and a place I am interested in too.

Ok thanks fellas thanks for you help I will look into mt wyatt what about Dittmar up around Proserpine any one no anything on gold up there

Have you got google earth? there is an over lay on here that will show you all the registered abandoned mines, there is one at dittmar that seemed to do alright. might be worth a look?

Hey Swifty
Mate you have been given some incorrect advice when it comes to using a highbanker, you can use a pump to supply the highbanker as long as you dig the dirt by hand, you can use any type of mechanical device to process the pay dirt.
If you send me a PM with your email I can send you some info for your area, that goes for you to Rodstar.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hey Swifty
Mate you have been given some incorrect advice when it comes to using a highbanker, you can use a pump to supply the highbanker as long as you dig the dirt by hand, you can use any type of mechanical device to process the pay dirt.
If you send me a PM with your email I can send you some info for your area, that goes for you to Rodstar.
cheers
Lee

Hey rc62burke
mate im from Bowen and looking to do a bit of gold prospecting around this area i was wondering if you could help me out with any tips on places to start! cheers mate
Dave.

Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Swifty
cheers
Lee

Hey rc62burke
mate im from Bowen and looking to do a bit of gold prospecting around this area i was wondering if you could help me out with any tips on places to start! cheers mate
Dave.

Mate I am not too familiar with the area but there is Mt Whyatt, Mt Coolan, also some area's toward Mackay Mt Harkwood?
Do you use ITRM on the DME site? Gold & Ghost books are handy for info.
Let me know what stage you are at with research etc & what method of prospecting you do.
cheers
Lee

good onya lee
been reading your post's on the forums for awhile now and always impressed how much you help folks, great stuff
hope to meet ya one day for a beer when I come to raid the top end ;)
regards trashy

rc62burke said:
Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Swifty
cheers
Lee

Hey rc62burke
Dave.

Mate I am not too familiar with the area but there is Mt Whyatt, Mt Coolan, also some area's toward Mackay Mt Harkwood?
Let me know what stage you are at with research etc & what method of prospecting you do.
cheers
Lee

Cheers for the reply mate, I havnt done any prospecting yet just started doing a bit of research on places around the area here and come across this site! gotta start somewhere i guess! cheers for ur help!
Dave

Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Swifty
cheers
Lee

Hey rc62burke
Dave.

cheers
Lee

Cheers for the reply mate, I havnt done any prospecting yet just started doing a bit of research on places around the area here and come across this site! gotta start somewhere i guess! cheers for ur help!
Dave

Dave
There is a member or 2 of the Townsville Metal Detecting Club in Bowen, once you reach 10 posts you can pm me your ph no & email & I can put these guys in contact with you if you like? I can also help with research again when you are able to pm me.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Davoaussie said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Swifty
cheers
Lee

Hey rc62burke
Dave.

cheers
Lee

Dave

Dave
There is a member or 2 of the Townsville Metal Detecting Club in Bowen, once you reach 10 posts you can pm me your ph no & email & I can put these guys in contact with you if you like? I can also help with research again when you are able to pm me.
cheers
Lee

That would be great Lee! cheers mate!

I am waiting on my Drywasher then I will be smashing the mullock heaps. Shovel in the dirt processed by battery operated Puffer.

Don't want to flog a dead horse here but:
Queensland Government said:
Permitted tools

Hand tools such as picks, shovels, hammers, sieves, shakers, electronic detectors and other similar tools can be used.No machinery is permitted.

A number of members here have contacted the QLD DNRME in regards to pumps/highbanking. While there has been some conflicting information the general consensus has been that highbankers, sluices, rockers, blowers etc. with a pump (other than hand operated) or motor aren't allowed.
If you have other info can you put up reliable source links for the Queensland members - not Joe Blow at the pub said it was ok?

Latest posts