Equinox Software Updates v2.0 v3.0

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guessologist said:
Pieces-Of-Eight said:
I'm confused with the @9 setting, unless you are in all metal mode doesn't is discriminate out 9 and below anyway ?

If I'm reading you right, I think where you're getting confused is mixing up iron bias and the accept/reject settings. You're right that the default program rejects IDs of 9 and below, the FE/FE2 iron bias setting changes the likelihood of a given signal to be reported as a negative ferrous ID (more bias, more likely a sketchy signal will be classed as iron). It's not really a setting that filters by the ID numbers, it comes in before the accept/reject is applied. Someone correct me if I've got that wrong....

Thanks #Guessologist I appreciate the clarification. I think its time to hit the beach with some test targets again.
Apologies for the late reply, I was away.

Works for me too. Agree with Smoky - there are some bottle tops that will still show up as worth digging. One of the most useful features for me is the lower backlight setting to compliment the burn your retinas setting.

I dont get out on the beach with my Noxs but for parks and coin hunting the update is def better.

My old fisher still better on goldies mostly,or perhaps I trust it more, but The canadian club and jack daniels style (and the odd V energy) aluminium screw tops are just always going to be dug on any machine I think. I believe it has to do with interepting the conductivity values of target size when they build these programs. No matter how hot I run my old machine you can still never be 100% certain, and its the same with the Nox on this type of cap.

The improvement in the update for me was rusted tops which I think was the idea. Helped chop up the signal so if you swing in a slightly different angle it allocates a more junk signal number more so than than before.

I also updated my Nox 600 to the latest software, mainly for the low backlight setting. Otherwise I have no real comparison between both versions of the software, though I did find out that the Nox loves flattened alloy caps. Just not enough audio info to distinguish them as junk targets compared to my Deus, still early days on the 600 and much to learn.

Bonacini said:
There is no Fe or f2 in my reject menu

It's under the recovery speed menu, hold down the settings button for 2 secs and press the accept /reject button to toggle between FE/F2.

PhaseTech said:
The rumours were correct ;)

New Update for the Minelab Equinox! Software update 2.0.
Get more from your EQUINOX.

What is new?

Difficult ferrous targets the common enemy for all detectorists. That is until EQUINOX. Hit the download on our EQUINOX update to make those pesky bottle caps, rusty nails and other falsing targets a thing of the past. Fire up the Minelab Update Utility and youre on your way. Its simple. Youll experience the enhanced Iron Bias feature, improved EQUINOX 600 backlight and much more.

Improved Iron Bias

Iron Bias has been enhanced with the addition of a new Iron Bias settings profile. The original EQUINOX Iron Bias 'FE' settings will still be available, but there is now the option to switch to the new Iron Bias 'F2' settings, which have an improved capability to reject a much wider range of difficult iron targets, including bottle caps.

EQUINOX 600 Backlight Brightness

The EQUINOX 600 now has the ability to adjust the backlight brightness to an additional 'Low' setting that matches the minimum setting on the EQUINOX 800. This 'Low' brightness is ideal for detecting at night and in low light conditions.

Download link: https://www.minelab.com/equinox-software-update-2-0

Hi Mate
Just a silly question Im sure but is this the second update??.
Cheers

Hi Heatho ive just got a nox 600 a week ago only have it out for halt an hour. Should i update it and how do i do it ? cheers

Hmm just plugged mine it and it says its currently running the latest software already strange. :/

Rod H said:
Hi Heatho ive just got a nox 600 a week ago only have it out for halt an hour. Should i update it and how do i do it ? cheers
Rod,
If you go to the minelab website and download the minelab updater on pc. Plug your detedtor into the pc via the same cable you use to charge it the programme will do the rest.

Rod H said:

I don't see why not, just click the link I posted, download the updater and plug in your nox, turn it on and open the updater and click install.
Bit weird the link to the update though as I couldn't find it just by browsing the Minelab site. Though if you click the link I posted it will take you straight to the update on the Minelab site, maybe they just haven't updated the links yet.

My Nox works fine after doing it and the 4khz setting is available.

Latest posts