Australian Geology learning material

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic information and exactly what I have been looking for, thank-you for the share.

This is an excellent resource.
Armed with a better understanding of How and Why "should" make it easier to locate more suitable areas of interest.
I will be reading this in detail if only to improve my understanding.

Thanking you

Hello again. We are looking to do some more research and would like to gain some basic geology skills. Would anyone have any suggestions for beginners books or internet sites please?
Would be grateful for any ideas!

Thanks
Mick and Anne

Mick and Anne - seen this? $70 to buy or free to download.
http://epress.anu.edu.au/titles/shaping-a-nation

Details from site are:

Due to file size, Shaping a Nation is only available as individual chapter files.

Preliminary pages (1.7 MB)

Australia and the Australian people (9 MB)
Australia in time and space (13 MB)
Living Australia (6 MB)
Out of Gondwana (10.6 MB)
Old, flat and redAustralias distinctive landscape (11 MB)
Living on the edgewaterfront views (8.5 MB)
Groundwaterlifeblood of the continent (10 MB)
Foundations of wealthAustralias major mineral provinces (8.5 MB)
Sustaining Australias wealtheconomic growth from a stable base (6 MB)
Deep heatAustralias energy future? (12.7 MB)
Advance Australia Fair (2.7 MB)
Index (1 MB)

I agree! It's really interesting and the great part about it is you can download the chapters that you are most interested in!
Very helpful....thanks! Much appreciated!

Mick - brilliant. We are getting close to a 'geology' sticky I think. I still laugh at Goldfarbs name but the man is a genius. Many thanks.

I've learnt more in the hour or so it took me to watch the 5 videos in the series than I have learnt from reading many tens of books on the subjects covered.
This series is a must watch for anyone wanting to understand the theory of gold mineralization in the eastern states of australia.

I,ve also always wanted to have a look in the red robin mine in the upper west Kiewa now I can say I have & I take my hat off to Ken Harris whos been mining there for 30 odd years.

thanks for posting.
Jethro

Hi, I've been swinging a detector for a little while now, but really want to understand more about the geology of gold formation, and how it ends up in the places that it does.

Can anyone recommend books that would be of use, or any websites?

I'm located in Central Victoria, so anything relevant to the area would be a bonus.

Thanks.

Latest posts