⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent 2 days just outside of Bendigo using a sdc 2300 and finally found my first gold and a long with about 50 shotgun pellets. It was great found 4 nuggets 0.1 of a gram 0.1 of a gram another 0.1 of a gram and finished with a 0.3 of a gram. think iam hooked on the sdc2300

1570603746_gold_nuggets2.jpg

Got these four from Specimen Hill (name holds true!) behind the gutted out reef, south of Chewton yesterday/today with the Zed. It's reassuring to hear the Zed pick up that bottom left speck (.05 grams) - it was a speci but fell away from the quartz after a light clean :(

1570877977_first_pieces.jpg

We have to head off to Geraldton on Wednesday to have a new airbag fitted and a bit of new hip maintenance for Mrs M. I wanted to stop along the way for a swing but we have to take the little Vito van and even though we have a bed in it, it would be a bit squeezee to spend overnight. So with no chance of doing that I had to find a way to get out today.

Mrs M's little quad had a slow leak in a rear tyre so I had to pump some Bitron tyre sealant in. The instructions say that it needs a few kilometres run immediately after adding the Bitron. I was quite fortunate to find a nice little pending lease just a few k's away.

1571051430_nugs_14-10-19.jpg

It was just before lunch so I took a look at the bread mixer and it said 23 minutes till done. I ducked into the back room and emerged with an SDC then called to Mrs M "I've have to run this tyre sealant in. I'll be back in 23 minutes for lunch." We'll I think it took me about a half hour but I made it back with these two little nuggets. Just enough to settle my fever :)

Hi All

Some more small SDC gold from the GT and a small speci.

The tiny bit under the speci was my first Vic sunbaker, saw it glit in the sunlight as I was picking up a piece on tin I just detected.

All up 1.32 grams, plus the speci.

1571553696_img_1506-min.jpg

Regards Anthony.

Latest posts