Gotta start somewhere.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this prospecting game but have the bug already. I watched a heap of how to videos on YouTube then went and scratched out a couple of crevices in a known local gold bearing creek and got colour in my first pan. That's it, I'm hooked. Spent the weekend just gone exploring the yambulla area for not much return. Looking to learn as much as possible from anyone willing to share their knowledge. This site looks like a great place to start. Hopefully someone from around this area can help. I'm located in Tathra.

Cheers Shane.

Thanks Doug,

I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.

I did notice that. ?

Cheers Shane.

Yeah, I'm learning that already, Ozcruiser. The very first pan of dirt I washed I found a bit and have struggled since. It was obviously beginners luck.

Diggin4gold, yes it is. A bit like crevicing for gold underwater. The abalone is the gold. :D

Cheers Shane.

Don't forget to buy a fossicking permit in state forests of nsw and you'll be okay :perfect:
That way, you don't get the gold taken away from you, your car, prospecting gear confiscated and taken to court.

Latest posts