Nokta/Makro Simplex

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally speaking, if the frequency is too different, from a technical point of view, different coils are required.

The Simplex picks up a 1 grain flake of gold, okay almost touching the coil haha, but I think for the money it will be a pretty great all-rounder already.

As an added bonus, the Simplex can pair to the Blue edition Nokta/Makro headphones, so great for people who already own a set from one of the other models.

Thanks. Phasetech. If it can do that its prob ok. Do you have any updates re when they will be in the country??

Nothing definite yet, only to say they started shipping last week. I'd imagine they have quite a few orders to get through!

Another good intro video for the Simplex+, loving that modulated audio! As the author mentions, the Simplex is going to ruffle some feathers in the US market - nothing else for the price will have a chance of competing with it.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/UK2RiGHCylk[/video]

Just wondering if anyone knows if Maldon gold shop is still around. Sent him a message on his web site but got no reply. :zzz:

Hi. Phasetech. I'm assuming the simplex wont be much good re picking up species as seen in your other vid with the Gold Kruzer due to the lower frequency. Further to one of my other posts re an update and as you suggested needing another coil to achieve a higher frequency range with the Simplex do you know if such an update may be offered by Nokta as an option for the Simplex. ??? Or would another coil with a higher frequency possibly work with the machine as it is with no update??? Regards...Ronnie :)

Hey mate, Nokta Makro have their 14/15 kHz machines, or Multi 5, 14, 19/20 kHz machines all running off the same coil. The 56/61 kHz gold machines have their own coils and are not interchangeable with the lower frequency units. On the Deus to get the higher frequency range you need to have the high frequency coil, so I guess this is technically possible, but then the Deus is about three times the price of the Simplex.

So I guess it is technically possible, but yes would need a different coil, but if I was Nokta, I'd be offering that feature on a higher end machine. Reason being, a higher frequency alone isn't going to make a unit a kick ass gold machine. For a VLF to be a really good gold detector you need an adjustable tone, iSat, very finely adjustable threshold, and small preferably solid search coils, all of which are not on the Simplex. So I don't think the Simplex is going to match the Gold Kruzer, Gold Racer or AU Gold Finder on very small stuff and especially species.

The best gold detector under $900 at the moment would have to be the Gold Racer. But an excellent all-rounder and capable on small gold out of the box would be the Impact Pro pack at $1079, as it includes the small 7" elliptical DD coil, and in 20 kHz together with the all-metal mode is a very capable combo.

Dilek has mentioned that they are currently working on a couple of smaller coils and one larger coil for the Simplex, and no doubt we will eventually see coils from NEL to suit as well. Might have to look at culling a few detectors to get a Simplex, am really liking what I've seen so far from the positive responses/recent you tube clips in the UK.

Thanks for the quick reply Phasetech. I totally see your point. As goldpick said other options. ( coils etc ) might be offered down the track. Would be nice though if it did have a bit higher freq to choose. It would be so much more useful to buyers with small incomes. Eg pensioners. Of course its still exceptional value for the money. Regards.. Ronnie. ;)

Great vid phasetech. Hopefully the other coils the lovely Dilek has talked about might include a way for the above mentioned higher frequency option??? Amazing Company and great to see such a forward and customer friendly group expanding in the exciting field of metal detecting technology. The speed they are progressing at may very well take them to the top in detecting innovation. Good luck to them :)

We are a couple of weeks away from receiving Nokta Simplex detectors into stock.

Very eager to start offering them to customers.

Cheers.
Lee

Toysandthings said:
We are a couple of weeks away from receiving Nokta Simplex detectors into stock.

Very eager to start offering them to customers.

Cheers.
Lee

:cool: Is freight/postage included in the purchase price within Australia ?

News from Nokta/Makro suggest shipment to Australia will commence the week from 4th November. :clap:

Time to look around for a best deal.

I see they changed the coil design slightly on the improved replacement coil - the extra supports are now gone. Probably a good thing to tell one from the other, though all Simplex's should arrive here already fitted with the replacement coil.

Saw this video of a chap having a go at beach detecting for the first time with the Simplex, looked to run very stable on the wet sand - even he was surprised.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/QHjrpNvCrto[/video]