Waterproof headphones options

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Recently purchased an Infinium and it gets some beach use.
I am a keen snorkeller and tho I don't plan on taking my detector diving I wouldn't mind the option of taking it for a snorkel. Or even the option of recovering targets from waist deep water, which would mean submerging my head.

Trouble is waterproof headphones seem VERY pricey. I believe I can leave my Garrett adapter on and attach a waterproof connector as I have seen online, allowing me to use any brand of headphone or speaker.

I have seen waterproof earbud style headphones on EBay for $20.

Has anyone tried using these? Or any other cheap options for waterproof headphones?

Many thanks
Steve

Hi all
I need to replace the headphones for my Garrett Sea Hunter and was looking for options besides the blue ones. Have been looking at the Gray ghost amphibians but have heard they can be tight. Now I have a noggin that makes hat buying a challenge...does anyone have experience with these or other submersible headphones? Are they any better for the money than the stock garrett blues?
Cheers

I have the GG Amphibians for my Nox and I can confirm they do clamp on your head pretty firmly as theyre designed to stay put while scuba diving. Having said this, I dont find them uncomfortable for beach detecting but I take an average 58 cm hat. I tried them on in the shop before parting with the cash. If youre thinking of buying online, it might be a good idea to try a pair on first if possible.
So far I have no regrets.

Thanks for the input Rustynails and nesral. Can't find any gg in Victoria to try on. How do you find the nel coil ones nesral?

Latest posts