Bendigo Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swinging & digging said:
Giving away secret spots = destruction like unfilled holes and promotion like U Tube videos.
If you are not finding any gold and disappointed by your rewards for efforts there is little any person / member can do by giving you a spot.

Why do people keep asking for spots?

Unhelpful. Email sent.

Hi and welcome to the forum. We are expecting loads of rain Sunday so I would try for Saturday prospecting.
Most places around Bendigo still have gold you just need to walk over it.
Fortunately Parks Victoria are very keen for you to detect.

https://parkweb.vic.gov.au/visit/popular-activities/fossicking (great maps)
or
Miners Den Bendigo or Coiltek Maryborough have great maps for purchase which assist you in your search. (check their opening hours)

The Whipstick is a great place to start your adventure.

Have you got your prospecting license?

What detector are you using and have you a 4X4. (some places are pretty muddy post heavy rain)

Cheers
HH

thanks BHM14 and HH :Y:
travelling up on Saturday so will def drop into Miners Den.... spent the arvo pouring over maps, so best to get out there sat late if we can or sunday in a dry spot!
we do have a 4wd so all good there, and have a gold tracer atm ,with an upgrade (pass down) on the cards shortly.... no doubt fun prospecting will turn into a ritual pretty soon
Cheers

Jaros said:
Welcome steve. People are loathe to give away their secret spots. A bit of research will give you some idea where to go.
Jaros
thanks Jaros - the more research the merrier I'd agree... nothing like ground time either

BHM14 said:
Swinging & digging said:
Giving away secret spots = destruction like unfilled holes and promotion like U Tube videos.
If you are not finding any gold and disappointed by your rewards for efforts there is little any person / member can do by giving you a spot.

Why do people keep asking for spots?

Unhelpful. Email sent.

Can't see my email? 8.(

Hi there
In kangaroo flat, dead bullock gully (some time ago, they found a huge nugget there).
As well as crusoe gully, close to the reservoir is a good place to look for gold.
I started few weeks ago.
I am happy to tell people where I detect.
I have not seen one person detecting while I was out there.
You won't need a 4wd but it would not hurt.
If you don't have a 4wd, you could easily park at the reservoir or up Tarr Road/crusoe road/Lockwood.

Have fun detecting

Maybe contact the gold shop at Maryborough those guys are awesome and would be able to refer you to someone Im sure.

Good luck mate!!

Going to head up around Bendigo today for a detect. I noticed some closer state forests to home just past Eppalock. Would I still have a change for gold at these places? I noticed a lot of the state forests around Bendigo dont have workings on GeoVic. Not sure if thats important or not?

cheers

VicGoldHunter said:
Going to head up around Bendigo today for a detect. I noticed some closer state forests to home just past Eppalock. Would I still have a change for gold at these places? I noticed a lot of the state forests around Bendigo dont have workings on GeoVic. Not sure if thats important or not?

cheers

Have a look on Geovic and you can look for alluvials, old mines etc.
It's quite good https://earthresources.vic.gov.au/geology-exploration/maps-reports-data/geovic

bicter said:
VicGoldHunter said:

cheers

Have a look on Geovic and you can look for alluvials, old mines etc.
It's quite good https://earthresources.vic.gov.au/geology-exploration/maps-reports-data/geovic

I have but would like to try different areas they always bring me to old creeks and rivers