Minelab X-terra 705 General Tips, Advice, Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check around the top of the battery compartment for cracking. My 705 behaved like that irregularly until the compartment cracked all the way and it started shutting off unexpectedly.

Thanks bend, will look at that.
Put New batteries in today, switched from Double D coil to concentric.
Ditched the headphones. Am away from home for a 2 day break so was looking forward to detecting a new area.
Was so windy today , gave up after a short while.
Got back to the car realised I hadn't switched to beach mode.
Talk about a muddled brain.
Tomorrow has to be an improvement on today.

Been doing some reading of the manual again & trying to understand the "99" tones, I know it's actually 24.

I usually have it on 2 tones. AM. Think I've been reading too much on what some people use/recommend. Thought I'd widen my perspective.

Today I went out & tried to persevere between 4 tones & 99. I just don't get it, the "flibit" noises did my head in, wondering if anyone else uses this & why.
GR

Hi all, wanting to buy a large coil for the above, I am mainly interested in coins and relics, any info appreciated, thanks Rob.

Hampy...g'day...It's reefer...and due to a bloke on here called Ken...aka...7.62 marksman...I have an XTerra and I spent 300$ on a 18" double D FOR IT!...Best thing I could have done mate....it has transformed the thing into something else. The signals I get back through the phones are enhanced better than I could have expected and give me a greater sense of what's going on in the ground as I scan back and forth...it's hard to describe but you just have to experience it....so Iwould recommend it as essential for the 705 FOR SURE.

Hi all, I purchased a double d coil, I would love to ring someone on here to talk me through the set up on the xterra 705, cheers Rob.

Hampy said:
Hi all, I purchased a double d coil, I would love to ring someone on here to talk me through the set up on the xterra 705, cheers Rob.

Its just a matter of removing one and attaching the other.

Hampy the 705 is very easy to run.
Watch the video provided above by Eldorado, then take the booklet out in your backyard or on some sand somewhere, throw a couple of diff coins, ringpull, nails, bolts or whatever on the ground & then play with the settings till you get the hang of it.
Once you get started its surprisingly easy

Hi S A Bogan, Is it possible for me to speak with you please ?, thanks Rob, xxxxxxxxx.

Sorry Rob,

We do not allow phone numbers on display.
You can email the person using the icon under the persons Avatar.
When you get to 10 meaningful post's You can then use the PM function.

The Mod Squad.

Hi all, I set the iPad up outside to go through the video on settings, but my 705 showed different than the video, who would have thought, typical

Hampy, when you say "showed different" do you mean the screen icons, data etc are coming up different, or just target ID numbers (which would be normal).
If your screen displays differently I would be questioning if you have a fake or not?!

Yes the icons etc, I need to speak to someone but not allowed to give phone numbers , cheers Rob.

Hey Guys, just trying my old Xterra 705 for purely coin hunting. I have it set up to exclude all ferrous targets. My question is when I find a positive target and go to pinpoint mode I often get a lot of negative ids, indicating ferrous junk. I just realised the pinpointer mode reverts to " All metal" so I take it the pinpointer is also picking about surrounding targets, and I need to find the correct target Id with the pinpointer that I found when in detector mode?
Thanks

Latest posts