Hypothetical question for the WA gurus with SPL experience

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Imagine a large EL that has been held for a number of years with very minimal action and none in the area you are interested in.
You've identified a small area you wish to take an SPL over.You submit an SPL and a POW.EL holder instantly objects and sends in a team to push and detect.

How would you counter the above scenario?
Do you submit an SPL and POW, do you plaint them or do you strike a percentage deal with the team the EL holder allows to push and detect?

Can you stop any works being carried out while it's before the warden court?

Cheers!

Ded Driver said:
Depends how much money you want pay a lawyer, & potentially get a court injunction.
I wonder how many others they might have done that to

Pretty sure it's a Hypothetical question so on that basis I'd say none :playful:

madtuna said:
Imagine a large EL that has been held for a number of years with very minimal action and none in the area you are interested in.
You've identified a small area you wish to take an SPL over.You submit an SPL and a POW.EL holder instantly objects and sends in a team to push and detect.

How would you counter the above scenario?

I'd suggest you start with a trial run. Submit an SPL and POW for a useless or random area within the EL, then watch what happens. If everything goes through OK and they don't send in a crew to Dyson the area, then you should be good to go with a subsequent application for your hotspot.

However, if the EL holder objects and sends in a team to push and detect, you'll have confirmed your fears, but you'll also be halfway to convincing them that you're a know-nothing timewaster. Rinse and repeat until they give up on following your leads, then apply for the hotspot that you really wanted. ;)

Okay so might be hypothetical and might not be :D

Chinese mining company with no scruples.
As I live here, I have agreements with every mining company on this station to be able to prospect on their leases... except this one. They require me to get 40e's which I do.

They have an agreement with a small outfit who push and detect, keep what they find but report to the mining company. The mining company write them off as exploration.

If I was to submit an application for an SPL with a POW, all the other mining companies here would say Steve go for it. In fact I probably wouldn't have to submit an SPL.
Not this mob.

They would lodge an objection immediately sending it to the wardens court. They would also send in their push and detect team to see what I was after. They have a track record of doing this in the past.

I have all the confidence I would win in the wardens court, but to what avail? My SPL has been pushed.

I know the push and detect crew... a great bunch of blokes just earning a living off the gold.

I've been talking with the Push and detect guys and they've made me an offer but I'm just not sure.

Again all this is hypothetical :D

Get it in writing that you are the only person to detect the areas they scrape.Don't trust them! their loyalties lie with the mining company.

you're stuck between a bit of the 'rock and a hard place' Steve.
its not really worth forking out the $$ to fight them, but it would be satisfying to be able to stick it up em
wait till you get a ripper storm out there (Ex Cyclone) that dumps a bucketful & makes the ground impassable for a couple of weeks or more, then grab one of those camels & go stake your claim
... can camels swim? :playful:

wiley coyote said:
Get it in writing that you are the only person to detect the areas they scrape.Don't trust them! their loyalties lie with the mining company.
Nah...I still believe in the hand shake maybe to my detriment but with hours trust you have nothing and may as well pack up and gobbhoje

Thier ,amadinery thier dry blower
, theuir fuel etc.... but they pbpecentage is a bit lame. I have access to bobcat, loader etc..

Latest posts