Gold digger picks on ebay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
detectoristwife said:
Hi! Im interested in ordering one of your picks but cant seem to direct message you as Im new to the forum! Can you please suggest an alternative way to contact you? Thanks!
Hi, I cant see any way to contact you, If we ask one of the moderators to send you a email ok with me, But i dont know weather its against the rules, Cheers, Ron.

Hi Ron would you mind pm me please. I have used your pick for a couple of years on and off until someone lifted it this Easter so need to replace it. I had your large one before.

Kiwinekta said:
Hi Ron would you mind pm me please. I have used your pick for a couple of years on and off until someone lifted it this Easter so need to replace it. I had your large one before.
Hi email sent, Ron.

Hi Ron
Can you please send me the details of your picks, chasing a larger pick for GT area especially.
Thanks Paul

Hey Ron, good to see you're still with us! I'm still using one of your picks mate. I've dug some seriously deep holes in some rock hard ground over the last 6 months or so with the Little Brother Pick, and I'm convinced It would take a Sherman Tank to bust that thing! :power: :power: :Y:

Deepseeker said:
Hey Ron, good to see you're still with us! I'm still using one of your picks mate. I've dug some seriously deep holes in some rock hard ground over the last 6 months or so with the Little Brother Pick, and I'm convinced It would take a Sherman Tank to bust that thing! :power: :power: :Y:
Hi Deepseeker, yes i am still around slowed down a lot the packs of springs are getting hard to get these days, Getting bluddy heaver to, I guess i will keep going for a while yet, There very popular i have picks spread all over the world, A lot in new zealend, Cheers.

Ron has a new batch on ebay if someone is after a new pick....I am looking forward to mine arriving!

Hi Ron.

Just letting you know that I've just purchased one of your picks off eBay and thanks to all the above members who have given a testimonial.

Best wishes

Annie

Anniegee said:
Hi Ron.

Just letting you know that I've just purchased one of your picks off eBay and thanks to all the above members who have given a testimonial.

Best wishes

Annie
Hi thanks annie, I will get it away tomorrow, Cheers, Have a nice christmam, Ron.

Hi Ron. I've sent you a PM as my pick arrived while I was at work today...thanks for posting it off so quickly....so a lovely surprise to come home to!

I'll be testing it out in the backyard tomorrow as I reckon if it will dig into the Werribee clay it'll dig anywhere! It may even get more use in the garden than on the goldfields :lol:

Cheers Annie

Moneybox said:
Last year we flew home from Queensland leaving our CC picks in the vehicle there. I bought one of Ron's picks online (because of the price) so that we could attend the DEWAG muster here. I was a bit concerned that it was heavy compared to my old one but once I got to use it the weight was no problem at all and the flat sides really makes a difference. It's a really strong pick that digs well and is great for scraping the soil to clear a few rocks or refill the hole.

Thanks Ron for a very good value pick.

Phil

1453671961_14536718513376.jpg

1st Fefruary 2016 - That's when I wrote this. Since this pick has dug more than a kilogram of gold out of the sometimes rock-hard WA ground. I did brake the handle once right against the pick but filed the handle down and put it back in while out their in the field. It's never been sharpened although the pointy end is not quite as pointy as I'd like anymore so I might just have to risk giving it a touch up with the welder. It's a great pick... :) :Y:

Moneybox said:
Moneybox said:
Last year we flew home from Queensland leaving our CC picks in the vehicle there. I bought one of Ron's picks online (because of the price) so that we could attend the DEWAG muster here. I was a bit concerned that it was heavy compared to my old one but once I got to use it the weight was no problem at all and the flat sides really makes a difference. It's a really strong pick that digs well and is great for scraping the soil to clear a few rocks or refill the hole.

Thanks Ron for a very good value pick.

Phil

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4485/1453671961_14536718513376.jpg

1st Fefruary 2016 - That's when I wrote this. Since this pick has dug more than a kilogram of gold out of the sometimes rock-hard WA ground. I did brake the handle once right against the pick but filed the handle down and put it back in while out their in the field. It's never been sharpened although the pointy end is not quite as pointy as I'd like anymore so I might just have to risk giving it a touch up with the welder. It's a great pick... :) :Y:
Hi Moneybox, Dont try welding the point its spring steel and will soften and break off, Just use the thin angle grinder blade and cut a new point not to long The best way to go, I tried hard face weld on them they just broke off, Hope this helps, Ron,

Wondering if Ron is still making any of these? Would much prefer to keep money in Vic.

MMcK said:
Wondering if Ron is still making any of these? Would much prefer to keep money in Vic.
Hi MMcK, I havent made any for a while ebay fees got to high nearly $16.00 a pick, Would rather not make them then ask people the extra, Mate i live in NSW if you rather keep your money in vic no worries there are plenty of good picks in victoria, Cheers, Ron.

MMcK said:
I would highly recommend one of Rons picks
Quality bit of gear :Y:
I reckon if I treat it right it will outlast me ;)

Sorry Ron, I thought you were in Vic, I probably should not have assumed that ;) . I will be passing up the coast through NSW, which general area are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.