QLD under Attack Now?..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interesting take on these new releases and yes I agree that bureaucrats sitting in their Brisbane bubble have no problem coming up with more 'control' over any form of land use. Using vegetation studies is just another way the government can control things. It is like their sole purpose is to 'limit' and 'restrict' rather than 'open up' and 'expand'.

I still cant fathom why QLD state and local governments dont get the 'value' in promoting fossicking and start opening up more areas. We have enough rules to govern our hobby but there seems no acceptance that fossicking related tourism can be an economic boost to regional communities.

Case in point: compare the difference between Ballarat in the Vic GT (with the Eureka Stockade, Gold Museum and Sovereign Hill as major tourist attractions) and Gympie in QLD ( which has a small gold museum that many tourists dont know about). Both these places in both states have very rich history around gold and mining. Ballarat has leveraged its history while Gympie seem more interested in restoring and using an old steam train.

Whether it's blue dots on a map to denote limited land access and use or some other method...the QLD government is adept at limiting the rights of any land holder and anyone who wants to access land such as State Forests

Anyway, rant over.

You don't really own the land in Australia. Qld miner rights were lost a while ago. Hopefully things change. There are a few of us on FB who are trying a few things and would love more help.

nuganics said:
You don't really own the land in Australia. Qld miner rights were lost a while ago. Hopefully things change. There are a few of us on FB who are trying a few things and would love more help.

You could even explain what you all are doing, it might get more people to help your endeavour then. ;)

Cheers

Doug

When you 'restrict' your avenues to get a message out there, that will only hurt you in the long run....
And yes please enlighten us on what you are doing? Im keen to know..

LW....

LoneWolf said:
When you 'restrict' your avenues to get a message out there, that will only hurt you in the long run....
And yes please enlighten us on what you are doing? Im keen to know..

LW....

Ditto

It's sad that these supposed threatened or endangered species create such a nightmare for farmers and miners. Most are not Keystone species by any stretch, just a subspecies or grass or flower or tree.
The thing that really bothered me on my land was that it was so hard to even find out what the hell they were meant to look like. Over half my land has issues with potentially protected species being present, but no-one in the council seemed to even know what they were. Turns out it's a small clump of flowering grass that looks a lot like every other clump of flowering grass and a subspecies of Ironbark that covers arrange of many thousands of square kilometres. Not exactly the sort of stuff l would cry about loosing.

Thing is that many farmers would be perfectly happy to set aside a portion of their land for environmental protection, to be left natural, but we would want to control which land and how it was best managed. Not some bloody shit wearing a suit in Brisbane sitting at their computer that has never got mud on their boots. And the way it always ends up being the landholders responsibility to pay for council or state decisions just makes me want to give up. They make the change, they should be responsible for proving/paying.

Latest posts