If you want printed maps best order them now

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can not agree more wishfull ,tried to buy a paper map from a racq office and the young girl had a chuckle, and asked if i owned a gps and new how to use it,and i said yes i do own a gps and i do know how to use it ,she said with sarcasim, what is the problem then ,i said the problem is, when little smart a___s's like you get lost when your gps stops working, i can use my paper map and compass to find you,supervisor sad best slap down she had heard in ages, and little miss smarty pants asked for it,but there ls the problem, no paper maps and the young have no idea how to use one,rely on electronics, that sure as hell is going to work and, no racq does not stock paper maps :argh:

Nice 'Reply' SS... love it.. :clap:

Paper Maps will be around for ages yet.... What's the first thing the SES and Cops pull out when they are Searching for someone?.... A Paper Map on the Bonnet... Then they refer to a GPS to check co-ords, if available....

GPS is still a fair way off replacing Paper Maps .... You will have to order them and they will do small runs of them... Quite a few Geo places are going this way now..

'Print to Order' they call it... and yes, you will pay for that privilege of having a paper map... $25 I was quoted last year for one... So I just Downloaded it onto a USB and took it to a Architect to print out on a Plan Printer... Cost me $5...

LW....

yes lonewolf,i will have to search the web,nothing on offer here on what i am looking for ,i have a couple of web sites to look at :Y:

NSW has the 1:25000 series of topo maps on its web site available for free download, they are a Geo Referenced PDF map and if you have Avenza maps they work perfectly.

Also I print them on my colour laser printer then trim and join together and cover with clear contact film which lets me write on them with Chinagraph pencils.

https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/etopo.html

Maybe other states do something similar

I miss not sure on this but the chart and map shop in Fremantle may continue to print maps that already in existence that you require

Latest posts