Newcastle NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All and Merry christmas,was wondering are there any spots close to Newcastle worth a go or do you have to go up to Nundle ,Barrington tops,looking at gold and relics..Keep swingin

Merry Christmas Pablo, not my area, but someone out there should know where not to go ya'd recon hey !
:eek: Coooo-Eeeeeee

There is gold on the beaches and in the parks - mostly 37.5% or 92.5% pure, occasionally they come gem encrusted. ;)

Plenty of predecimal coins to be found in obscure places.

Don't discount grass verges of parks where cars parked before kerb and gutter was a feature.

Nundle, Oberon, Sofala, Hill End, Sunny Corner are options for natural deposits

Hey all, I'm a relative newbie, and was hoping to learn if anyone knew of any good prospecting spots around the Newcastle/Hunter Valley area?

Learned to prospect while living in newy and I found nundle to be the closest place to get gold. Not much in the Hunter valley unfortunately

This is on here somewhere....you'll find it with a search :Y:
"Gold exploration in the hunter valley"

Along time ago in a galaxy far away!! Closest spot to Newcastle for me. Thankfully I've lost a bit of weight since then (gave up sitting at a desk).

1596173016_fossicking_2.jpg

Yes I should have mentioned that. A creek up at Hanging Rock. Cleaning out the hole behind the big rock, got a few small specks, went back another time after very heavy rain, but didn't get a thing.