New Detech 80cm Concentric Coil for PI detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araratgold said:
Impressive result from the 17 x 13 Evo Nenad, best result of all the coils ! :perfect:

Cheers, Rick

Went and bought a 17 evo yesterday,have 4 detechs here,theyve been good coils,there stability on hot ground shines out a bit,2 have become bump sensative a bit to early for me though....
That concentric coil does look cool.....

Candigger said:
Nice chart. It would have been more useful to measure on each setting for every coil used how far above ground these coils were able to detect the target with some minimum signal at least. Target response on a scale from 1 to 10 is hugely subjective and variable unless is done with means of accurate measurement like decibel meter or similar.
Measured distance on top of the buried target above ground with a meter is absolute.
So may inches for this coil and so many for that coil, no impressions.

Of course video with measurements would be even better.

You must have missed the part about me saying it was raining hard that day ;)

Yes, signal strength ratings are subjective, so you'll just have to take my word for it until I do further testing. I wasn't set-up to alter target depths in the ground. I did have a sliding tube test set-up a few years ago but someone dug it up!!

I don't like raising the coil above the ground as it is not a fixed value. An airtest while not ideal is a fixed value - the coil is ground balanced and placed on the ground - same for every coil. When you raise the coil above the ground, the coils will be seeing various levels of ground signal, I.e. less ground signal at 2" and then A LOT less ground signal at 4", so I've never been a fan of these demos. The better test for this is to keep sweeping the coil on the ground and alter the depth of the target above the coil. Then at least the coil/s are consistently seeing the same amount of mineralisation.....you just have to be disciplined to keep the coil on the ground.

I think when I am able to test on a range of different sized gold at different depths, then I'll have a better feel on where it lies in terms of performance, and then where it may come in handy and pull a bit of gold. :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

PhaseTech said:
The better test for this is to keep sweeping the coil on the ground and alter the depth of the target above the coil. Then at least the coil/s are consistently seeing the same amount of mineralisation.....you just have to be disciplined to keep the coil on the ground.

That would have to be the ultimate air test procedure.

PhaseTech said:
Candigger said:
Nice chart. It would have been more useful to measure on each setting for every coil used how far above ground these coils were able to detect the target with some minimum signal at least. Target response on a scale from 1 to 10 is hugely subjective and variable unless is done with means of accurate measurement like decibel meter or similar.
Measured distance on top of the buried target above ground with a meter is absolute.
So may inches for this coil and so many for that coil, no impressions.

Of course video with measurements would be even better.

You must have missed the part about me saying it was raining hard that day ;)

Yes, signal strength ratings are subjective, so you'll just have to take my word for it until I do further testing. I wasn't set-up to alter target depths in the ground. I did have a sliding tube test set-up a few years ago but someone dug it up!!

I don't like raising the coil above the ground as it is not a fixed value. An airtest while not ideal is a fixed value - the coil is ground balanced and placed on the ground - same for every coil. When you raise the coil above the ground, the coils will be seeing various levels of ground signal, I.e. less ground signal at 2" and then A LOT less ground signal at 4", so I've never been a fan of these demos. The better test for this is to keep sweeping the coil on the ground and alter the depth of the target above the coil. Then at least the coil/s are consistently seeing the same amount of mineralisation.....you just have to be disciplined to keep the coil on the ground.

I think when I am able to test on a range of different sized gold at different depths, then I'll have a better feel on where it lies in terms of performance, and then where it may come in handy and pull a bit of gold. :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

I find it peculiar that 18" CC coil will show the same and even better results as 19" NF Mono coil, considering that the GPX input design limits this from happening no mater what. As long as there is any type of RX in any given coil that coil can never show the same depth as same size Mono, because of the GPX input hardware.
Other factors are the coil cables. The NF coil cables are as good as one can dream about while the Detech cables are not on the same level. The cables play vital part in the coil self resonant frequency, which in the Detech coils is quite low as opposed to NF, Coiltek and ML. Low self resonant frequency will define relatively slow time constant of the coil, which in turn will limit the depth.
Aside from all this Detech, NF, Coiltek and ML are using the same Litz wire of 40 strands x 0.2mm enamelled copper wire. From that point there is no basis of any coil to be for real any better than the others.

There can be many arguments on how detectors and coils can be tested, plenty of personal opinions there, but before all of that are the engineering facts of how all these things are designed and work and the mentioned above results are in conflict with the scientific rules.

Hi to all
The 18 concentric price has been reduced and all customers who purchased coils early have been offered a refund to compensate to the new sell price

Coil will be offered with a closed cover as well as the open style fitted skid

The new price is $540

Regards Pete

this 18 CC Detech Loves MONO. AND :eek: :eek: you should see how the GP3000 Comes ALIVE (quietly) with this coil in MONO go figure !!!

4500 w/ 19" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 7
S Extra - 9

4500 w/ Detech 18" Concentric
Coil switch in DD:
Enhance - 0
Normal - 8
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 7

Coil switch in Mono:
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 8
S Extra - 9

Dave .

10fp said:
this 18 CC Detech Loves MONO. AND :eek: :eek: you should see how the GP3000 Comes ALIVE (quietly) with this coil in MONO go figure !!!

4500 w/ 19" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 7
S Extra - 9

Coil switch in DD:
Enhance - 0
Normal - 8
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 7