Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not exactly the same unit, but seems to have exactly the same screen setup and frequency as the Aldi detector. There are so many of these Chinese detectors in the market at the moment, a lot of them most probably run the same electronics, frequency and basic setup, just in different packaging. The Aldi detector itself is the exact same unit is marketed under all sorts of brands, including Aldi, Treasure Snoop, and Barska Winbest Elite Edition.

It's been just over two weeks since these "cheap and nasty Chinese imports" tounge in cheek of course, went on sale. How have the people that purchased them found them ?. I myself am hooked weather its a one or two dollar coin or a piece of lead its all excitement for me, I just wished I was closer to a beach where I could really have some fun.

regards

Stewart

I wouldn't mind getting one to throw around if someone sees them in Vic around Northern suburbs

Yes, on the beach in damp sand. Actually these are not a very good detector on the beach at all, much better for ovals and parks where the ground is harder and things can't get too deep. Could be the salt also. On max sensitivity they false all the time, back it off a bit and it should be a little better.

They only penetrate about 15 to 20cm, most coins in sand are a bit deeper than that I find.

Well finally got to the beach this arvo..

Half hour or so playing with settings. Talking to a tourist..

The haul!
1392802879_20140219_182727.jpg

Cheers,Tone

Bet you are "hooked" now! :) Just have to find the right part of the beach to detect in I guess, can't expect much for half an hour though.

Glad you gave it a go Tone, keep at it mate, the coins and rings should start accumulating if you can find some good spots. These detectors are great on parks, sadly lack a bit of depth on the beach. Only 50 $2 coins will pay it off. :)

Yeah Heatho. It was giving a few pings going over wet/dry patches. I will have to check the vid on setting sensitivity
again. But for a half hour try out. Not to bad.. at least i found a coin :eek:

Thats a good start mate. I've been hitting the local park, no coins yet but they will come.

I got the 305 to play with down the beach.
Also it keeps the kids amused for hours looking for buried treasures
While I fish. I can see them for a few hundred meters either way of me and I get some piece and quiet.
Had the kids and my nephews with me down at Philip island.
Found $16.85. Not bad for an hour.
Then they all got an ice cream each.
Another bloke asked me if they pick up tin foil
Yes I said.
So he said give me 5 min and then go check over there near the big rock
I took the kids away then worked my way back to the rock
We found buried treasure. ( chocolate gold coins )
1 bag for each of the kids.
Now every time I see my nephews they ask did I bring the treasure stick.
Gee they make me laugh.

XIV said:
I got the 305 to play with down the beach.
Also it keeps the kids amused for hours looking for buried treasures
While I fish. I can see them for a few hundred meters either way of me and I get some piece and quiet.
Had the kids and my nephews with me down at Philip island.
Found $16.85. Not bad for an hour.
Then they all got an ice cream each.
Another bloke asked me if they pick up tin foil
Yes I said.
So he said give me 5 min and then go check over there near the big rock
I took the kids away then worked my way back to the rock
We found buried treasure. ( chocolate gold coins )
1 bag for each of the kids.
Now every time I see my nephews they ask did I bring the treasure stick.
Gee they make me laugh.
awesome that's what it's all about

After weeks of finding ring pulls, bottles caps and endless amounts of other junk at the local park, I finally found gold :) ( I think ) :/
It was aprox 3-4 inches down and has the numbers 375 stamped on the back. Is it real? It came out very shiny and no corrosion at all.
Cheers Dozer.

1394496388_cross.jpg

Dozer, Champion :) 9kt you have just paid for your detector mate. well done --