Detecting SAs Equinox 600 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cashed in an RDO today for hunt #80 and went back to the site I found the half crown.

I headed out early to make the most of the day, to say it was cold would be an understatement!

1568787784_1b9fa621-cb6d-4e0c-b9ce-c300956f252d.jpg

Unfortunately the day was abit of a bust. Found 1x 194-something penny and a childs money box full of BBs

1568787614_5ca478c0-19c4-4e47-b2f9-92ca69f009e5.jpg

Pretty cool box with commonwealth savings bank written on it. Shame it was full of BBs and not juicy silvers :p

Kinda surprised about the haul today, or lack there of... 4 hours and nothing to sing about.

Owell, thats the game!

DetectingSA, you are lucky you live close to so much history. Great pics.

I would have been so chuffed to get permission & just known that I'd come home with a decent haul. (Happens a lot where you think this is going to be "the one")

It's all gone to those before you. Keep going back because everyone misses something.

It's exercise & a great day out. :sunny:

Might be worth trying to track down the household dump, I could imagine there would have been some good relics thrown away over the years (thinking broken cricket buckles etc). Any idea on how old the structures are? :D

Is it a FC panelvan/station wagon ?
Drag that out as a find and do it up :Y:

Goldpick said:
Might be worth trying to track down the household dump, I could imagine there would have been some good relics thrown away over the years (thinking broken cricket buckles etc). Any idea on how old the structures are? :D

Had 3 blokes there including myself all with equinoxs looking for the dump, but couldnt find it. We spent 5 hours down there and didnt find much at all. There there were 4 structures, 2 older than the main house which was still mostly standing derelict. The ruins of some sort of kiln there too!

Problem is, there was ALOT of tin fragments from all the roofs buried everywhere. Thousands of pieces, reckon 80% of the time we were digging up that stuff. It gave off good signals too and varied due to size etc so couldnt really avoid it!

DetectingSA said:
Goldpick said:

Had 3 blokes there including myself all with equinoxs looking for the dump, but couldnt find it. We spent 5 hours down there and didnt find much at all. There there were 4 structures, 2 older than the main house which was still mostly standing derelict. The ruins of some sort of kiln there too!

Problem is, there was ALOT of tin fragments from all the roofs buried everywhere. Thousands of pieces, reckon 80% of the time we were digging up that stuff. It gave off good signals too and varied due to size etc so couldnt really avoid it!

Yep, those tin targets are certainly a pain, have the same issue on the older sites down here.

Nice gear
See if you notice. Any difference

Weigh shaft and coil on original set up
Against new set up

Went out to a few sites for hunt #82 in my local area.

First stop was used as a market in the mid to late 1800s:

1569756119_d3e29899-3b96-42d2-8ed1-9b98fbd6a062.jpg

Spent a good 2 hours sniffing around and came up with squat! Me thinks its been done to death by detectorists previously!

Stop 2 was a current picnic ground that previously been a 1900s house site, upon arrival I noticed the private property - keep out signs, which confused me, so I decided to give my buddy a call who works for the local council. Turns out the council sold the land off back a month or so :rolleyes:

Back into the car and around the corner I went to a spot that used to be the local Communitys swimming pool, opened in 1936 but quickly fell into disrepair during ww2 since all the local lads were overseas. Ive had luck there previously, so I spent an hour down there and only came up with a single black threepence:

1569756498_fd5a8bc3-a202-4075-b688-dd291c286157.jpg

So pretty low on the finds today, $3, 4 BBs, a wheelchair sports SA badge and the lone thrippy

:Y:

New finds bag today. Never head of the brand but she seems decent enough quality. Pin pointer holster with D ring, pockets inside for probe, toothbrush, digging knife and a big spare pocket inside and the trash area with holes at the bottom for drainage. Zipped pocket on the outside for good finds and a water bottle holder (which Ill probably use for my hard shell good finds box) not bad for $30 posted

1569845457_09988262-cda7-49b9-8c45-69e6dc8e7fee.jpg

Heres a random YT video from the seller:

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/H6o-nnyYfqc[/video]

Hit some random spots up for hunt #83, in abit of a finds slump atm... didnt find much.

$6 and 3 roo pennies

But Ive got a pearler permission lined up for next weekend with structures from the 1840s and 1890s mine site also on the property!

Aside from that, Had some cufflinks for my wedding custom made, I might be bias... but I think theyre awesome :D

curtesy of Vintagespirit.com.au

1570428412_4e186810-aa3d-475f-ae1e-7221f65bb5d3.jpg

Cheers

Took an RDO for hunt #83

Came up with a few bits:

1570694446_01b5cc73-be89-41c1-bd82-cfaddf77ecea.jpg

1570694087_61fd2450-7e87-46b9-b748-37a89cd97233.jpg

Got this too, cant make out what it says, likely a school badge I guess:

1570694173_f6a84d43-c2d4-4466-9425-238ecabf3f86.jpg

Not a bad days digging, unfortunately though this happened to my digger:

1570694268_91d85aba-0411-4012-8fa9-f1e490e2b740.jpg

Its split right through and is going to break... I paid good money for that and had it less than a month... Ive emailed the company, they better replace it or refund me! :mad:

Nice shilling, shame about the digger. Blackada do say that they guarantee their welding, though it is only made of mild steel and probably only really strong enough for loose soil.

If you want to look at something stronger, I can highly recommend the Model 31C Raptor - prefect shape for digging plugs and very strong. All their diggers are heat treated and tempered, and made from Chrome-moly aircraft quality steel. They also do serrated tools made from the same quality metal. :D

https://www.predatortools.com/collections/handtools

Goldpick said:
Nice shilling, shame about the digger. Blackada do say that they guarantee their welding, though it is only made of mild steel and probably only really strong enough for loose soil.

If you want to look at something stronger, I can highly recommend the Model 31C Raptor - prefect shape for digging plugs and very strong. All their diggers are heat treated and tempered, and made from Chrome-moly aircraft quality steel. They also do serrated tools made from the same quality metal. :D

https://www.predatortools.com/collections/handtools

I've been looking for a mini shovel thanks... Although I still prefer my screwdriver. :Y:

Latest posts