ARB X-Jack Issues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If any one Is thinking of dumping the old Hi-Lift Jack and getting the ARB X-Jack you might want to think again, I know of one guy bought him self an early Christmas present last year and when it turned up it had Leaked out all of the Oil in to the Box it came in, And if that does not give you cause for concern, Then how about another Guy lifting his Truck and then there was a loud Bang and the ARB X-Jack exploded splitting at the Seam of the Jack Dropping his Truck to the floor in an instant,

This Jack like most of ARB products demand top Dollar for a product that is far from up to the Task, Granted the Guys Truck is a Dodge Power Wagon but he was only lifting one corner of it so it was lifting well under it's rated capacity and it could of killed him if he had been underneath it placing Axle Stands under there, A Power Wagon is about the same weight as a Troopy or a Land Cruiser Ute etc, Anyways If you have bought one of these Jack or intend to Please take extra care or buy with caution Or Both,

Stay safe Guys,

J.

Ded Driver said:
yeah ya cant be the solid reliability of a HiLift/Kangaroo Jack
They can even be used as a short winch in emergencies :power:

Yeah Mate I got 3 of them, I got an Australian BlackRat version and I have the Hi-Lift 48" All Cast Jack and when I bought the ARB 47L they done me a Great deal on the 60" Hi-Lift X-Treme Jack, That's a beast of a Jack,

Funny how Hi-Lift called theirs the X-Treme Jack and then ARB call theirs the X-Jack, But thinking about that X-Jack must mean it use to be a Jack but once it blows up it ain't no more, LOL.

>

LoneWolf said:
Yep, I have never spent $1 in an ARB store or on a ARB product.... Biggest rip-offs around IMO... ;)

LW....

Some of their best things are their Tyre gauges because they are accurate and cheap Their Fridges are really good and their compressors awesome and their puncture kit, but apart from that I am not impressed with the rest of their gear, Apart from those items there is nothing else of theirs that impresses me, I don't like their all weather fridge and it damages very easily as one buyer found out when it got delivered even in the packaging it was smashed to pieces. The Blue and Grey or Black and Grey Classic series are a lot better.

Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:
Yep, I have never spent $1 in an ARB store or on a ARB product.... Biggest rip-offs around IMO... ;)

LW....

Some of their best things are their Tyre gauges because they are accurate and cheap Their Fridges are really good and their compressors awesome and their puncture kit, but apart from that I am not impressed with the rest of their gear, Apart from those items there is nothing else of theirs that impresses me, I don't like their all weather fridge and it damages very easily as one buyer found out when it got delivered even in the packaging it was smashed to pieces. The Blue and Grey or Black and Grey Classic series are a lot better.

You pay for what you get. I have many arb products and they have all served me well. My awning and compressor are both over 12 years old now and still going strong. Also the old man emu suspension is the best I have ever used.

Personal opinion here :perfect:

shakergt said:
Ridge Runner said:
LoneWolf said:

LW....

You pay for what you get. I have many arb products and they have all served me well. My awning and compressor are both over 12 years old now and still going strong. Also the old man emu suspension is the best I have ever used.

Personal opinion here :perfect:

I have 2 of their fridges the 47L and the 78L and I have the portable single compressor and the portable Twin Compressor and 2 sets of their full range of Tyre Gauges and the puncture repair kit and 2 of their Air instillation kits because I wanted the extra hoses, and a few other bits as well.

I've had a few good items from arb. Their 79 series cruiser diff locks have pulled my 4ton camper out of plenty of sticky situations in the last 16 years and have only had one minor rebuild, had 2 compressors installed at the same time and one is starting to get a bit hot but both are still working fine. Have to agree with shaker, old man emu suspect products are unbreakable and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Dave79 said:
I've had a few good items from arb. Their 79 series cruiser diff locks have pulled my 4ton camper out of plenty of sticky situations in the last 16 years and have only had one minor rebuild, had 2 compressors installed at the same time and one is starting to get a bit hot but both are still working fine. Have to agree with shaker, old man emu suspect products are unbreakable and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Yeah their Diff locks are the best you can buy, I like their roof top tents but they are a bit pricey, I would like one of their Winch Bars,

Ok I will clarify my Comment a bit better..... I can't afford ARB products... that's why i don't buy them... My Tyre repair kit is just as good at 1/2 the price, Tyre gauge from Anaconda, very accurate at 1/2 the price (tested at tyre shop)... MM compressor just as good.... If I did have the :money: then Maybe... But being on a limited income I really have no choice.. So I research and save :money: when specials appear... ;)
And to ask for $485 to fit one of their own supplied winch bars totally done it for me after my little prang... After all its only 8 or so bolts... So I went with a 2nd hand Alloy bar(thanks Pete :Y: ) and with the :money: I saved, I got a Winch and Winch plate (to be fitted when I get time), A modified Kings awning (removed all pop rivets and replaced with SS Bolts) and a few good week-ends away... :party:
After all, I only own a Pajero... Not a $100,000 LC... :)
Their Diff-locs are among the best tho... but OME suspension isn't very Pajero friendly.... Too harsh I have been told by some...

LW....

LoneWolf, I still run rubber bushes in my 95 Pajero as anything else makes it harsh. The Only change I made was to run big bore Gabriel Shockies (40mm I think). The series 2 Pajeros have a very good chassis, & as a testament to that mine has done over 500,000km sometimes on very rough gravel, corrugated & rutted/pot-holed roads, & Ive never broken it.
These shockies & the Pajeros torsion bar front end handle corrugations really well if you get above the harmonic frequency which is usually around 80kph.
Its no monster truck rock crawler, but its a hell of a lot more comfortable to drive on a 1000km+ trip than a 70-79series Cruiser.

:100: agree.....Im close to 410k in mine....I have been told by THE Pajero Guru, Never use Urethane anywhere on a Gen 1,2 or (2.5 as mine is) .. It transfers all the stress on to the mount points and they will eventually crack... I use Terrain Tamer Springs and Shocks... A very comfortable set up on a Touring Pajero... If there is a Chicken track I will take that... But I do love watching Guys break their 4x4 tho... :lol:

I also get all my Rubbers and parts from overseas... too expensive here in Australia... But Post Cost and Dollar exchange is a killer ATM.... I know someone in America and I send him some $$ and he posts some items back to me at a better post rate than the suppliers can post for... ;)

Hey Ridge Runner, just a thought, where are you located in the UK?
LW....

LoneWolf said:
:100: agree.....Im close to 410k in mine....I have been told by THE Pajero Guru, Never use Urethane anywhere on a Gen 1,2 or (2.5 as mine is) .. It transfers all the stress on to the mount points and they will eventually crack... I use Terrain Tamer Springs and Shocks... A very comfortable set up on a Touring Pajero... If there is a Chicken track I will take that... But I do love watching Guys break their 4x4 tho... :lol:

I also get all my Rubbers and parts from overseas... too expensive here in Australia... But Post Cost and Dollar exchange is a killer ATM.... I know someone in America and I send him some $$ and he posts some items back to me at a better post rate than the suppliers can post for... ;)

Hey Ridge Runner, just a thought, where are you located in the UK?
LW....

I'm in London mate, But when a few things work out I am heading up to the mountains to get away from the burbs.

Latest posts