⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, we recently spent two weeks at Clermont and found 5.5gm of gold, which was cool. This was our first serious go at gold detecting. Used a 5000gpx with an 11 commander coil. Worked really well picking up gold at depths of 18 finding 2 bits in one hole. Also used an 18 coiltek elite digging a 27 hole finding a large axe head. Worked out the 11 works just as well and much easier to pinpoint. Bit of trash added to the excitement e.g. miners boot, clydesdale horseshoe. Amazing the minute pieces of dryblowing wire we found as well. Awesome holiday. Happy with our settings - all basic settings but set to deep, RX gain 20, stabiliser 5 and threshold at 12 oclock. Cant wait until next trip. :)
1569064934_821ff84f-11fc-4dc3-9f8e-f2c8ec014b9f.jpg

1569064934_7b9fcff3-f126-4fef-baae-481d244109e4.jpeg

Hi Folks,

Went for a swing with a few mates in some different country to the usual haunts. One of the guys recovered a few small nuggets from this spot a couple of weeks ago. All pieces were rough and reefy, indicating they hadnt travelled far at all. Decided to use the SDC due to the type of gold being found. Was lucky enough to find one small piece at good depth:
1569060049_1c1a73e9-94fd-459c-a8a8-027ce7afd03c.jpg

The piece was only a bit over half a gram but was reasonably large in physical size.
1569060432_5820ab38-659a-4129-b560-1ee13f417d58.jpg

I took the nugget and tested it against a gpx5000 with a 12 Evo coil. Was quite surprised when the gold could only be detected at a height of about an inch and a half. When cleaned at home, the porous nature of the gold explained why this was the case.
1569066548_dbdb32a1-3e19-490a-939f-5a38ec95e728.jpg

Cheers

Les

This was our lot for the last holiday in the GT, the larger bit on the left was 3.42g and the top piece on the right was 1.1g, the total was 7.81g along with a 1942 threepence, the gold started to become a bit scarce during the last week, think we were getting a bit tired and not paying 100% attention. Big piece was found with SDC and remainder with 4500.

Graham

1569571809_dscf1867.jpg

Got back home a month ago to the tablelands after a couple months in the Pilbara. I have had withdrawals so it was good to get out for a day swing a few km from home. The snakes are already thick as thick where i detect....rocky creeks, thick grass and bush...a bit swampy. I swear i will probably need my PLB for snake bite here rather then any drama i may have when I detect very remote in the Pilbara.

I found a 4.6 and 1.4 gram pieces. After swinging fast with the Zed in Wa looking for that first nugget in a run I have had to force myself to slow way way down and listen for those deep faint murmurs in the deeper ground back here in the tablelands.

Hope to see some of you at the NAPFA agm. cheers RDD

DSCBHpL.jpg

So I went out for 5 days last week on my first real hunt. We had an SDC, GPZ and nox 800. I do a lot of beach hunting with the nox.

Given it was my first multi day trip I tried to stack it all in my favour, loads of CZL, BIF and old workings on greenstone bedrock. It was a challenge still, and I thought I had come away empty handed.

I did however spend an afternoon getting the hang of the nox around an old mulloch heap 50m from camp. I collected a couple of promising looking rocks around where they would have been loading the cart to take their ore to the battery. all the rocks made distinct sounds on the nox.

I started crushing up the rocks today, and success!!

1569811368_20190930_094954.jpg

It's tiny, but damnit it's gold! I'm sure there's more in the other rocks as well and I haven't finished with this piece yet.

Goldchaser1 said:
Went out for 4-5 days,we managed about 24grms i think,i was actually in front of the bosses zed all week with the 45,until she hit a 6grm bit the last morning :mad:
One of the bits with the 45,put a new NF 17x13 on the end of it,that coil went well....

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/9T3t5ZNAQf8[/video]

Nice legs mate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Went out for 4-5 days,we managed about 24grms i think,i was actually in front of the bosses zed all week with the 45,until she hit a 6grm bit the last morning :mad:
One of the bits with the 45,put a new NF 17x13 on the end of it,that coil went well....

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/9T3t5ZNAQf8[/video]

Nice legs mate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Id have all your money if i was female doug..... :beer:

Perth Tim said:
So I went out for 5 days last week on my first real hunt. We had an SDC, GPZ and nox 800. I do a lot of beach hunting with the nox.

Given it was my first multi day trip I tried to stack it all in my favour, loads of CZL, BIF and old workings on greenstone bedrock. It was a challenge still, and I thought I had come away empty handed.

I did however spend an afternoon getting the hang of the nox around an old mulloch heap 50m from camp. I collected a couple of promising looking rocks around where they would have been loading the cart to take their ore to the battery. all the rocks made distinct sounds on the nox.

I started crushing up the rocks today, and success!!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/15405/1569811368_20190930_094954.jpg

It's tiny, but damnit it's gold! I'm sure there's more in the other rocks as well and I haven't finished with this piece yet.

Top stuff tim,congrats.....

Second time out detecting and walked away with 10 pieces. Free gold and speci's. Don't let anybody tell you it's beginners luck. The more research you put into an area the more your reward will be.
Also when detecting through an area, try and walk along parts that others would generally avoid. I shimmied along a steep embankment like a mountain goat and got 5 targets over a 25m stretch, of which 3 was gold.

1569903138_20190926_111001.jpg

Wow bet that made you shuffle your feet and twist your hips a little bit :) thanks for sharing :Y: :beer:

Latest posts