The Most Powerful Pickup Ever made

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a picture the other week with an electric car broken down,flat battery,there was a diesel powered car towing a trailer with a generator on the back to charge it up,just defeats the peoples really, fuel is king

mxt sniper said:
I don't think these electric trucks will ever amount to anything for the average user. I was reading about a guy that was going to a certain campground this summer and was going to tow his Casita 17 ft SD with his electric vehicle which was rated to 5,000 lbs, well his range was around 400 miles not towing, he tested it hooked up, the range dropped like a rock to 100 miles or less which would cause him to need to recharge about 10+ times to get to the camgground 1200 miles away he was headed to. This would be impossible as there are not enough charge stations along his route to work. He gave up on the idea totally after testing locally hooked up.

Maybe if you wanted a truck to go to your local Lowes or Home Depot it might work if you stayed in town. Looks like its a no go for campers, hunters, fishermen, going long distance anyway. Personally I think thats all the electric cars are good for is urban driving local short runs. They will not take the place of internal combustion engines any time soon.

This might be the Video of it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjklex38lkQ

Latest posts