Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst reading various articles on the website and a word that comes across frequently is a Aldi detector , Im assuming its from Aldi stores and must be a good value for the money detector, are they still for sale or only available second hand, they must be ok because I havent seen any bad reports!
Comments and information on these appreciated !

Thanks Jaros , after that demo it looks like a great machine just watching it in action on the air test , does anybody know if they still have them for sale ???
Be a great second machine or one for the kids to fight over ...... lol

just sub to their specials on the web page and they will send you an email a week in advance of whats coming up .
johno

Hi, long time I was not on forums ... . The mod for battery I did was simple. I have add small isolated DC/DC converter from 5 V DC into +/- 9 VDC. This ready converter IC is quiet tolerant on the input so if I remember it could go from 3.6 VDC to above 6 V DC. In the end I was powering all from 4 x AA batteries in series connected to 5 V DC input.
Original design is using two 9 V batteries in series. The problem with this design was that
one 9 V battery was for speaker audio power so one battery 9 V was discharged sooner.
Regards.

Thanks Jaros. I'll keep a look out. Looks like they would work ok in rubbish areas. Might be easier than using my PI. Do you know if the notch discrim will knock out little thin flat pieces of iron???

For what they are they work quite well.

I managed to knock out a fair amount of ferous items
easily. Nails and such.

Very good coin hunting machine.

That sounds good. I've never been able to knock out the small bits of thin flat iron with other machines. For some reason they give a nice positive reading. And on the farm where I live there's heaps of that stuff. If the little Aldi could knock that out it'd be worth its weight in gold! :argh:

Haven't seen them from Aldi for a while. I got mine from Gumtree (new) some time ago, so you might be able to find a used one somewhere. Keep an eye out in these forums, Gumtree, or facebook marketplace/groups, someone probably picked one up for the kids, which ended up in storage, they'll probably clear out eventually.

I bought mine brand new still in box off a mate...

Still yet to use it.

Will come in handy as I live on the beach

Goody

The new Aldi catalog just arrived in Melbourne this weekend. In it is a lot of camping stuff, and a metal detector for AUD$119. I searched online and actually looks the same as Kogan $140 "Kogan 300mm Deep Target Waterproof Metal Detector", and Amazon $175 "300mm Deep Sensitive Metal Detector Set Gold Digger Treasure Hunter, High-Accuracy....". But the Kogan and Amazon ones come with a pinpointer, shovel, and headphones....the Aldi description only mentions it comes with a bag. I'm guessing the Aldi one might come with the other 3 things - that would be good value i guess.

Looking in this forum, Aldi had another detector some years ago but looks different. Anyway, starting the thread for this new one...
Anyone know if it's any good since it's based on some other budget model that seems to be around for sometime?

Kogan 300mm Deep Target Waterproof Metal Detector:

1607918213_kogan.jpg

User Guide

Aldi adventure surpose to be ok

Mine is still sitting in it box out in the shed :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found a review for it; it's also under the brand Sakobs (in USA)...but i can't post links i just joined this forum :(
Just put https in front of this,..
the-gadgeteer.com/2020/09/19/sakobs-gc1032-metal-detector-review/

Ahhhh....further searching...this detector is made in china....all over AliExpress. So now you know where to get it the cheapest.. sort of! and delivery estimate is really quick for Ali....like couple of weeks. But it seems like Kogan etc...have good package deals on this what with included bag, and other accessories. So amazingly the local aussie deal is really good.