NSW Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was 5 degrees here this morning, doesn't usually get that cold here. I remember about 5 years ago we actually had a -2 morning, only frost I've ever seen here, even the hose was frozen solid and split from the ice forming inside it. Was -6 that same morning at Richmond.

I hate winter.....

We, re even getting the cool weather up here! Overnight low of 19.5, 1st one under 20 for the dry season and its currently 29, beautiful.....might crack out the ugg boots!

Ramjet said:
rocketaroo said:
he knits quilts at work as well, hows my deus/finds patchwork quilt going?
:)

I told ya.... I crochet but don't knit. ;)

Ramjet,

Due to the apparent scarcity of mankinis, you should consider crocheting a nice woolen one for your impending 10000 post winter hunt.

Speaking of brass monkeys and old sailor talk, does anyone know the meaning of "tow rag"?
Its a doosie!

Nup, a tow rag was a rag tied to a rope, and towed behind the ship.
When a crew member needed to do a number 2, he wiped his bottom with the tow rag!
So if anyone ever calls you a tow rag, its actually a pretty good insult!

Ramjet said:
rocketaroo said:
he knits quilts at work as well, hows my deus/finds patchwork quilt going?
:)

I told ya.... I crochet but don't knit. ;)

Heres a practical project :lol: :lol:

1466930342_image.jpeg

Read this and i believe its the first time i have seen the term "giant" used , i hope for those in those areas its not as bad as it reads.. how big is giant?

"TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for HEAVY RAINFALL, DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE, POSSIBLY GIANT HAILSTONES

For people in parts of Mid North Coast, Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra, Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.

Issued at 4:42 pm Sunday, 27 January 2019."

Just saw this and thought that all the ovis aries farmers in Sydney should be warned as there must be a lot in the Metropolitan area :lol: :lol: :lol:

NSW/ACT - Tue 10:12 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for Sydney, Mid North Coast, Hunter, Illawarra, South Coast, Central Tablelands and Southern Tablelands

Ovis aries (Sheep) - UniProt

https://www.uniprot.org taxonomy
Common name, Sheep. Synonym, -. Other names, Ovis ammon aries Ovis aries Linnaeus, 1758 Ovis orientalis aries Ovis ovis domestic sheep.

Most likely a couple of them in the city. Stolen by the best in our society, the righteous wanna be savours animal rights vegan pieces of my night soil. Then again they probably dont need to heed the warnings as the stolen animals are most likely tucked up nice and warm in there nappy in front of the heater that doesnt really burn gas or coal but uses the sun at night time.

Latest posts