Minelab Vanquish (340 440 540) tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the bottom of the range 340 is going to be about USD$199 and the 540 USD$369 so wonder what we will get charged (slugged) here...

Looks like the teeth in the tier-ing of the models is in the iron bias, fixed at high in the lower two so you'll be missing stuff with them once you learn the machine.

Nackz said:
So the bottom of the range 340 is going to be about USD$199 and the 540 USD$369 so wonder what we will get charged (slugged) here...

The 540 Propack , ( extra coil ) is $499 USD

Makes the competing Garrett Ace 400i look like a very expensive detector for what you get, in both features and performance (Oz dollar doing it no favours). With current pricing for a 400i being $725au, bit of a no brainer to go for the cheaper 540 Pro pack with two coils and wireless headphones.

Yep pretty much. If we are looking at the upper end of non-waterproof machines, don't forget the Racer 2, also at $725 these days, with a heap more features than the Garrett.

Seen one and held one of the 340 detectors, not my cup of tea, feels like a cheap chinese ebay detector, the other models mite be better, just my humble opinion. :N:

pinfire opals said:
Seen one and held one of the 340 detectors, not my cup of tea, feels like a cheap chinese ebay detector, the other models mite be better, just my humble opinion. :N:
so they feel as cheap as they look 8.(

PLEASE MINELAB EXPLAIN "WHY"

Built to a price, hence why they can undercut Garrett's products with a more capable detector. If you have ever handled an Ace series detector, they are not highest quality build around.

i touched a garrett once :8 :eek: :awful:

1569185466_image3.jpg

Goldpick said:
Built to a price, hence why they can undercut Garrett's products with a more capable detector. If you have ever handled an Ace series detector, they are not highest quality build around.

After owning two Ace 400i's I have to say the quality is exceptional in the new line. I've also used an Ace 250 years ago and couldn't really complain about the quality of that either, a lot of guys swear by them for the money.

I personally rate the newer Ace 400i up there with the AT series of detectors which I've also owned and used (just not the Max), obviously minus a few features which may or may not be needed depending on the application, but in terms of performance and build quality, I'm honestly blown away for the $$$ and I've had some great finds with mine.

Latest posts