Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pet hate of mine is vehicle insurance companies over here, They are a Rule unto them selves, When my Land rover Freelander died I took it off the road and because I did not keep a / Any vehicle insured for the 2 years because I was not sure if I need one, They took away my 20 years No Claims Bonus so then I had to go back to square one and pay the same amount that a first year driver would have to pay regardless of the fact that I have been driving for over 40 years, So I pulled em up and said I haven't lost all Motor skills and my brain was still where it has always been so why am I being victimized I haven't had a lobotomy,

Or their other favourite is when your insurance goes up for no real reason when it should be going down Is when they say it is because of where you live, So I reminded them that I had lived there for 14 years so why has it gone up Now ?? ]:D

Then they ask you what are you going to use the vehicle for :argh: :playful: ]:D My Reply DRIVING, :bomb: that really goes down well, LOL

Then I bought a small Van and they wanted twice the amount to insure it than I paid for It, Why Says I, %&$@ on the Phone says "Oh It's Where You Live", My Reply again as above along with this is a Leafy suburb Of Kent Not Down Town Beirut. :playful: :playful: :lol:

And the following year they tell me they are putting it up again, "Why" says Me, Oh it's because of all the uninsured Drivers of the road, ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D So %$&ing What Says I That's not my fault, :argh: ]:D ]:D ]:D AT this point I am trying to workout how to plant my Boot firmly where it is needed Most, To No Avail :( :(

Then they ask how many miles are you going to be Doing Ahhh, HOW THE %$& DO I KNOW, It's a Truck, It didn't come fitted with a Crystal Ball :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then they try to tell me that my Truck/SUV is a Van, "NO IT's NOT" say's I, Well we have it list as a Van, Say's the Barbie on the Phone, YEAH well you might have but I am the one standing next to it Say's I. ?? The reason for that is they can charge more for Van Insurance So now me Bloods Up ]:D , "ME" Look Lady it's and SUV just like a Range Rover or a Jeep IT's Not a Van, :awful: :awful: ]:D ]:D ]:D

And every year it's the same, AhhHaarrr, This year I got wise, "Don't Phone the Barbie" Do It On Line, Happy Days, Ole S&%T Now I'm getting spammed by every insurance company including them in case I want to take out another policy In case a Crow bends it's Beak on my Tyres when it is wiping it's Beak Clean on the Side walls of my New Mud Terrains FFFF sake Does it ever End.. MUMMY Help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RM Outback said:
Rule Unto Themselves, Not only there RR I feel your pain ]:D scumbags that's the unto rule their recognised as :lol:

Arr Mate, This is every year, Over here you pay ya Rego which always seem to go up Mines about $560.00 then I got to get it Road worthyed every year and that costs about 100 bucks and if I got any things that need fixing that costs a heap too, They don't have the old SGIO type insurance like in Aus So we have to do this Tango with these private brokers/Companies, If the GOV here did it like the SGIO then we would not be getting scalped every year,

This year The Numb Nutz who did my road worthy knocked it back because he said I had excessive rust on my drivers side front brake calliper, So I ordered the calliper and when I took the wheel off it turned out the rust was in fact Cow $*** Slurry from going through a deep mud Hole and when he tested it my brakes were that good the they nearly broke his rolling road he tests them with Recording 45% higher than any other vehicle they tested, So I changed the calliper and took it back and instead of making it down as DONE they then tried to re test it all again and then come up with a new list of issues So I asked them Why and If that was the case why weren't they list on the first time they tested it, The reason my Truck nearly killed their machine was these are very sticky Tyres So I set the Tyre pressure at the Hand book unladen pressures which is only 26 psi so my Tyres had a large foot print, Jeez it was funny there was a huge load bang and the Truck Jumped and the Guy shot out of the truck to see what had happened, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I see them do some thing funny, they had a foreign bloke there doing the first test, Now I had just got my new Mud terrains fitted and I had travelled 1 and a half miles on them, So there's my Truck with 16/18mm of Tread on the Tyres and this clown decides to measure the tread depth, On top of all this I had just spent $800 on the new exhaust system that they had just fitted and then they want to retest the emissions again. And as it turned out they did not fit the whole exhaust that I paid for leaving off a new CAT and a down pipe, So I got stung in the process. ]:D ]:D ]:D

madtuna said:
The fact that murdering rock spiders can get released from prison without disclosing where the body is. Actually, the fact that murdering rock spiders are allowed to remain alive full stop!

G'day Tuna

I am with you on that, it seems incredible that these low lives be allowed back into society given that as we have seen in the past that they more often than not re offend, as they say the best indicator of someones future behavior is past behavior, the law seems more interested in protecting the rights of the scumbags than those of the victims or families, If I were the parent of a victim then I would see it as my duty to make sure that they paid for what they did regardless of what it would cost me, so having them out of goal would make doing that so much easier :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU

Moneybox said:
When d@#khead prospectors throw their aluminium cans, bottle tops, long life milk cartons, cigarette packets and more in the fire. That aluminium waste never fully burns and drifts about the goldfields for decades to come. We find aluminium foil that looks like new and melted aluminium fragments in ground that hasn't been disturbed in the last fifty years.

These careless idiots must be battling with the same metallic waste but continue to ad to it. They are probably to same ones that drop their water bottles and beer cans where they empty them as well.

G'day Moneybox

Yep definitely with you on that one, had this very same argument with a lazy sod over chucking beer cans in the fire, he reckoned they burnt down to nothing I said bullchit the bits just eventually spread out and then you detect them, any detectorist that throws waste about that can later be detected is a moron, rubbish is a problem pretty much wherever you go these days so surely everyone who detects would realise that so why add to it?, they way I see it is if you can bring the crap in with you then you can take it back out again, even if you burn your rubbish it does not take much effort to check the fire and fish out any foil before you move on, you should leave nothing but footprints and tyre tracks behind:Y:

cheers

stayyerAU

StayyerAU said:
madtuna said:
The fact that murdering rock spiders can get released from prison without disclosing where the body is. Actually, the fact that murdering rock spiders are allowed to remain alive full stop!

G'day Tuna

I am with you on that, it seems incredible that these low lives be allowed back into society given that as we have seen in the past that they more often than not re offend, as they say the best indicator of someones future behavior is past behavior, the law seems more interested in protecting the rights of the scumbags than those of the victims or families, If I were the parent of a victim then I would see it as my duty to make sure that they paid for what they did regardless of what it would cost me, so having them out of goal would make doing that so much easier :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU
If they have to be let out to live amongst us they should be castrated first by a professional medical team imho.

Goldfreak said:
StayyerAU said:
madtuna said:

G'day Tuna

cheers

stayyerAU
If they have to be let out to live amongst us they should be castrated first by a professional medical team imho.

why professional ?

enthusiastic amateurs could manage quite effectively :lol:

Ridge Runner said:
Another pet hate of mine is vehicle insurance companies

I hear you.

Add this one too from the department of headf**ks

If you try to get insurance for a truck you find 99 % of insurers do not offer agreed value , they have this thing called "market value"

I ask for a quote for my truck which has a replacement value of $ 50,000 for the same age and same kilometres.

All the insurers say okay , we will insure that vehicle for $ 50,000 market value , premium is $ 2800

I ask what is the payout figure in the case of total write off tomorrow and they dont answer, they say " market value" , if i push and push and push them to disclose the "market value" they eventually admit that their valuation of my truck is $ 13,500.

To buy my truck anywhere second hand is $ 50,000 , how the **** do they reckon they value it at $ 13,500 ???????

They are :poop: burglars in Armani suits.

Every morning when i am on the loo i look down and think of them as i dump a load , and think of them again as i wipe. :mad:

Beards without moustaches irrationally annoy me!

1568686292_abraham-lincoln-1809---18652c-sixteenth-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-photo-by-stock-montagestock-montagegetty-images_promo.jpg

snafu said:
I'm annoyed that someone hasn't invented a phone with a button that when pressed delivers 200,000 volts to the dimwit on the other end - I don't want to actually hurt them, just try and jump start whatever they might have between their ears.
Not the same thing but there is an app that takes a photo of anyone who tries to open your phone and send it to an enail address so you can post a pictures of the theif on social media. Being able to electrocute them would be better though :playful:

Goldfreak said:
StayyerAU said:
madtuna said:

G'day Tuna

cheers

stayyerAU

We all have similar views but the level of anger because of how we feel about such people Makes them and what we would and would not like to do to them makes "Them" an unsuitable topic for this forum because someone always goes too far with their hate speech. And then It will get locked or removed etc,

people that stop 1 or sometimes more car lengths back from the traffic lights & aren't on the road sensor, often the lights don't change until they have fully cycled. Very annoying if the other road is a priority road & the lights are set to stay unless triggered.
Especially annoying when its a turn lane with a turn arrow light that only activates if someone drives over the sensor. Had this happen last year, & after the continuing road lights went thru a cycle with no turn, I got out & walked up to the old bloke in the car in front (1.5 lengths off the line) & asked him to move forward (my horn wasn't working). As I walked up I seen him rapidly winding his window up :lol: Poor ol bugga must of thought road-rage was coming. Given his age I was polite in explaining the problem & asking him to move forward, whereby the lights the other way immediately went amber.

Latest posts