Hi from Tamworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mulla, yes I found the same thing up there. Lots of holes not filled in and heaps of junk. There were people camped up there that were doing heaps of work and leaving their holes not filled in which is not the right thing to do. Try the turns offs a little way past the church. I have had a bit of luck there. Cheers

Thanks Mate. Will do. My mobile if your ever keen to go for a swing flick me msg Cheers.

Well done weatherby , a once quite never seen anyone location and you share with the world, these grounds are on the verg of closure as it is being an SCA. Every second man and his dog is now raping these grounds . Rule number one of prospecting never give your location for others to rape . Could have had this area mostly for yourself.

Hellbanked said:
Well done weatherby , a once quite never seen anyone location and you share with the world, these grounds are on the verg of closure as it is being an SCA. Every second man and his dog is now raping these grounds . Rule number one of prospecting never give your location for others to rape . Could have had this area mostly for yourself.

That's a bit harsh. This area has been previously discussed on this site so it's not as though it belongs to a secret society.

Anolphart; not harsh at all, been working this area for many years, the history is incredible, years ago if you did run into someone, say every six months they knew the area , they knew the history, in the last few weeks the blokes Ive met know nothing, the rubbish Ive had to pick up is bullshit, (no appreciation) Ive been following this forum and no evidence of finds has ever been displayed. It takes along time and many visits to pinpoint the right areas as weatherby has said , when you can walk around nundle/ hanging rock and pick up nuggets on the first day, the patch by patch up the area will soon get the better of even the most experienced detector. When nundle is an easy find for the inexperienced.

I don't follow your reasoning Hellbanked. This forum is where like minded people share their knowledge and experience and most people here are kind and willing to help. Weatherby did nothing more than the rest of us have been doing here for years. He did not give any co-ordinates or pinpoint his location, and Woodsreef is big enough to keep you searching for a long long time.

Ive been following this forum and no evidence of finds has ever been displayed
You obviously haven't looked in the right places as members frequently show their finds. Just have a look at the Alluvial Gold section where pan after pan is shown from creeks like Slatey, Reedy, Tuena, Turon, Tambaroora Ck ... etc etc. You will also find many photos of nuggets found in the GT, Hill End, Kal, Claremont et al.

By your reckoning nobody is entitled to detect or pan in 'your' area unless they are well versed in the local history. That logic mystifies me as that would preclude most of us from visiting any new area. Rubbish left behind is an unfortunate bane to us all and is not exclusive to Woodsreef, whether it be caused by prospectors or just low life. A lot of us do our bit as well by picking up after them and back filling holes left by others.

Any crown land is available for prospecting in NSW provided the rules are complied with. The regional areas I have been to in my travels (and I travel A LOT) welcome the tourists because their dollar helps the local businesses. I was also assured just recently that despite the severe water shortage I would STILL be welcomed which allayed my fears of being an added burden to the community at this time.

I still stand by my original statement.

Hellbanked, it is a public fossicking reserve free for everyone. I am from the area and have spent many years working out the place. I am annoyed at the amount of rubbish there as well and unfilled holes (which were there before I posted anything). I gave away no secret spot!...the Woodsreef fossicking area is a well known area so keep your pants on. I hav spent years there and yes I have other spots close to that location that I keep all for myself!!

Latest posts