Introduce my self

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all , I am from Victoria retired, looking forward to my new venture in gold hunting with my wife.
I am looking at buying GPX 4500 , I like the idea that you can change coils , plus the challenge setting up the machine in various conditions.
My wife and I are moving to the Ballarat region

Welcome, loads of information here, maybe attend one of the Prospecting clubs to get an idea and practical help.
These clubs are great to point you in the right direction as well as locations.

We have lots of catch ups in the GT and you would be welcome to tag along.
Keep track of the forum for more information.

Cheers

Hi,My name is Peter.I live near Williamtown RAAF Base or Newcastle Airport.I have just purchased my 1st machine,a Garret Groundhog from a current member,David Law.Very friendly and helpful.Looking fwd to getting out there and having fun.

Kenlily18 said:
Hi all , I am from Victoria retired, looking forward to my new venture in gold hunting with my wife.
I am looking at buying GPX 4500 , I like the idea that you can change coils , plus the challenge setting up the machine in various conditions.
My wife and I are moving to the Ballarat region

G'day Ken, welcome mate, from another retired person named Ken in the Ballarat area. :lol:

Lots of prospecting bushland around this part of the state! Go for it, you'll enjoy it :Y:

Hi all have a question about RX Grain and Stabiliser settings.
I would like to know when setting RX Grain on 7 with Stabiliser on 9 for eg , 2/3 above RX Grain , now what is the correct way 2/3 above RX Grain for Stabiliser or 2/3 below RX Grain.
Cheers ken

Gidday ,
Kenlily18.

I have only had my `45 for a couple of weeks of so and all the info i have read and all the videos i have watched online tell you to set the Stablility at 2 points below the RX gain ,so i have done that. I am still playing with the settings to see how well it works in different soils ,but haven`t come to a definate conclusion.

But the general concensus ,from what info i have is stability at 2 points below RX gain.

There is a thread on this forum dedicated tot the 4500 settings here https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18507

FOZ

Latest posts