Thanes Creek QLD Queensland information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1567922018_20190908_151322.jpg
1567921711_20190908_154341.jpg
Thanes gold no nuggets this week just fine gold
1567921732_20190908_153853.jpg
1567921754_20190908_153811.jpg
1567921781_20190908_154242.jpg

busted knuckle mining said:
i live in pratten and it was nowhere near 35 deg today

That's what my mates thermometer said... He is down in a gully and gets no breeze... In their grow tents it gets very hot if you don't open the roof a bit...

LW....

This Wednesday I'll be out at Carbean Road Karara in the morning than over to Durikai for few hours.
Late arvo back to Thanes creek to get few buckets of dirt.
Carbean Road is the only place I haven't found gold at maybe Wednesday i mite

goldinbrisbane said:
This Wednesday I'll be out at Carbean Road Karara in the morning than over to Durikai for few hours.
Late arvo back to Thanes creek to get few buckets of dirt.
Carbean Road is the only place I haven't found gold at maybe Wednesday i mite
Just remember my hints. Most people drive over or park on it. Theres a lot of colour in the rocks. What its left is paper thin and speckled. But hit the right vein your in trouble. The rock is so bloody hard. One last hint. The veins run towards Adelaide.

So, Thanes Creek today, first time, just wandering around picking up other peoples rubbish and covering the stinking turds. Really if you or you kid takes a dump, dig a hole and fill it in, its not like you dont have a shovel with you. You managed to remember the date roll!
Then there was the wildlife, three dead Kookaburras, a Sugar Glider and a Pretty Faced Wallaby, did they interfere with you swinging your coil?

These incidents may not have been done by fossickers, but, it is a fossicking area where camping is prohibited and its definitely not a range.

Your just feral scum, making it hard for the rest of us, I only wish youd dropped a case for me to find. Ill be back tomorrow with the DD coil having a good look where I think you fired from!

Pick up any shells you find with a small stick and place in a clean new plastic bag... And take them to Warwick Police Station. Along with a the body of something shot.. Your Detector should determine if they were shot ;) unless they were shot at close range then the bullet would have passed through them...
. A :poop: sample would help too, but im not too sure they would like that one.. But tell them about it anyhow along with photos as it may be some help to match DNA and narrow down 'Who' it is...
If He/she has a Record for a serious crime in QLD, their DNA will be on record... ;)

I can see a closure coming if this keeps happening... :mad:

LW....

Hey gents,

I've recently gotten back into fossicking for gold after doing it as a young fella many years ago.

Anyway I tried Thanes Creek a few weekend and only saw two specs in two seperate pans.. got any tips where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

LoneWolf said:
Pick up any shells you find with a small stick and place in a clean new plastic bag... And take them to Warwick Police Station. Along with a the body of something shot.. Your Detector should determine if they were shot ;) unless they were shot at close range then the bullet would have passed through them...
. A :poop: sample would help too, but im not too sure they would like that one.. But tell them about it anyhow along with photos as it may be some help to match DNA and narrow down 'Who' it is...
If He/she has a Record for a serious crime in QLD, their DNA will be on record... ;)

I can see a closure coming if this keeps happening... :mad:

LW....
Detective LoneWolf is on the case!

I can see it now..local Warwick fuzz fingering through a stool sample looking for corn and then checking the Woolies receipts of all the known local criminals to se if they've recently bought any :D

Good onya MT.

Just doing my usual morning flick through the forum with a cuppa in hand and then I read your comment. Had a chuckle but the coffee I was enjoying seamed to lose all its appeal......Wish the old brain had a reset button so that I could delete the image you implanted. Its really quite sad to see what we can do to our environment with a simple unthinking act. Unfortunately prospectors are just a cross section of society. Some are passionate about the country they walk over and some just dont really think much about anything.

Hey webbie thanes creek prospecting areas gold is only in the first 5 inches of dirt. Haven't been out in since September 12th ended up with 00.27 for 40kg of dirt always pan your dirt twice if panning at home, some pans work differently than others I use 4 different pans I am a fast at panning
But I'll be back out there tomorrow afternoon for a few hours now that school holiday are finshed going to be hot.

Okay, so I went to Thanes Creek this morning. What a waste of time. Obviously I expected everything to be dug up, but what I didnt expect was how small the creek was that you are legally allowed to fossick. Are they all like 40-50m long? Make no wonder I didnt find anything ? any bigger places near there that you can actually find gold? A nice waste of 6 hours driving for me!

MarkAllen said:
Okay, so I went to Thanes Creek this morning. What a waste of time. Obviously I expected everything to be dug up, but what I didnt expect was how small the creek was that you are legally allowed to fossick. Are they all like 40-50m long? Make no wonder I didnt find anything ? any bigger places near there that you can actually find gold? A nice waste of 6 hours driving for me!
Thinking you need to do more research than driving Thanes GPA doesnt give away its secrets to easy. Yes the area is small but it was the one riches alluvial fields around the Warwick area. Golden rule 80/20. 80% research / 20% digging dont just rely on utube, find Aussie Prospecting channel, early videos on dry creeks, Old newspapers eg trove. Locals. Get to know them. Took me many months and beers to open them up, in the dry creeks specially in Qld. Hint. Find the Mallow. You will understand then. Good luck

Ward69 said:
MarkAllen said:
Thinking you need to do more research than driving Thanes GPA doesnt give away its secrets to easy. Yes the area is small but it was the one riches alluvial fields around the Warwick area. Golden rule 80/20. 80% research / 20% digging dont just rely on utube, find Aussie Prospecting channel, early videos on dry creeks, Old newspapers eg trove. Locals. Get to know them. Took me many months and beers to open them up, in the dry creeks specially in Qld. Hint. Find the Mallow. You will understand then. Good luck
I actually don't research much online, only to locate occurrences.
I read the ground, I dig the guts out of it and pan and sample the guts out of it.
100% hands on accurate knowledge.
Gotta love that mallow bro ey?

Latest posts