You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#176

Goldchaser1
Member
From: Kalgoorlie, WA
Joined: 28 February 2017
Posts: 750
Member
02 June 2019 09:39 pm

Rockwall you have a fair bit of solar allready,ya should be seeing 15 amps? easy in good weather,all the stuff your running id agree 200 id go for,where runnin about 4-5 led lights,12v pump,90 ltr fridge,stereo,chargin 2 phones,a 4500,gpz7000,sdc,2 uhf’s etc,first two 4-5 day trips lowest we got was 80% when we had lots of bits charging and a couple threw the inverter,got two 130 panels on roof of camper parked so there facing arvo sun mainly fully recharged in 3-4 hrs odd,10 amps roughly comin in,just ordered a 120 watt solar blanket for backup if weather is shite.
I havent set ours up correctly yet,i have to flatten the batteries this week so the computer has the correct base reading on capacity,flatten then recharge to 100% so it reads correct capacity,it’ll be interesting to see how long from flat to full it takes......

1 user likes this post: Rockwall

#177

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 1,806
Member
11 September 2019 06:58 pm

bit of interesting semi-technical reading
Organic Solar Cells .... these may be the future
I have read elsewhere its envisaged that ultimately, organic cells will be cheaper to produce, & also more environmentally friendly & sustainable.
This article outlines the new developments that have addressed one key issue, that of durability (lack of lifespan)
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1544-1


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#178

Goldchaser1
Member
From: Kalgoorlie, WA
Joined: 28 February 2017
Posts: 750
Member
11 September 2019 07:48 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

bit of interesting semi-technical reading
Organic Solar Cells .... these may be the future
I have read elsewhere its envisaged that ultimately, organic cells will be cheaper to produce, & also more environmentally friendly & sustainable.
This article outlines the new developments that have addressed one key issue, that of durability (lack of lifespan)
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1544-1

Is that like a vegan battery DD?

1 user likes this post: ctxkid

#179

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 1,806
Member
11 September 2019 09:15 pm

Goldchaser1 wrote:
Ded Driver wrote:

bit of interesting semi-technical reading
Organic Solar Cells .... these may be the future
I have read elsewhere its envisaged that ultimately, organic cells will be cheaper to produce, & also more environmentally friendly & sustainable.
This article outlines the new developments that have addressed one key issue, that of durability (lack of lifespan)
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1544-1

Is that like a vegan battery DD?

no animals were harmed or eaten in the making of this post lol lol lol lol lol


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Goldchaser1

#180

Ridge Runner
Member
Joined: 04 September 2014
Posts: 5,305
Member
11 September 2019 11:08 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

no animals were harmed or eaten in the making of this post lol lol lol lol lol

That's because you ate them last night, playful playful playful lol lol lol


Dig em all,

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, Goldchaser1, ctxkid

#181

Ded Driver
Member
From: West of the Border, WA
Joined: 27 May 2018
Posts: 1,806
Member
11 September 2019 11:12 pm

sure did wink koala fire


APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

#182

Ridge Runner
Member
Joined: 04 September 2014
Posts: 5,305
Member
11 September 2019 11:17 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

sure did wink koala fire

Koala Buggers yum yum lol lol perfect


Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: Goldchaser1

#183

Goldchaser1
Member
From: Kalgoorlie, WA
Joined: 28 February 2017
Posts: 750
Member
12 September 2019 12:05 am

theres nothing quite like panda bear kebabs,garlic aoli and some lettuce,oh yum......


Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top