Finally got myself organised

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockhunter62 said:
Before you go and fit the draws make sure you tighten all screws or they will come out later down the track. I have several loose screws on the floor under my draws now. :(
Cheers
Doug
Ive been bush with several loose screws (nuts)
I tried to leave em out there, but they insisted I had to give them all my food & water if I did :playful:
seriously tho, Rockhunters suggestion has lots of merit.
All new gear I buy & install gets the going over with spanners to make sure its right to begin with. :Y:

you have a good start there Tathradj. If you're handy with plywood you could go the next step & make infill units for each side, that will double as additional storage, with either hinged lids or a small slide out draw/box, or a combo of both.

I have these too. The latch you mention on the front never really worked on mine. Also, as you said, the whole top slides out, which lets you access your fridge.

The big problem is stuff either falling in or things getting caught and you can't open/close the drawer properly. In the end, I locked the top slider down permanently (metal/screws) and added a fridge slide. I found it works well and is less frustrating.

I didn't put in wings either, I found I could put things like jerry cans or whatever down the side. But I still like the idea of boxing in the battery (maybe one day)

But overall, for the price, pretty damn good. Also, a good thing to note is that for people with lower canopies, it gives you a bit of extra room on top for your fridge than some of the deeper drawers on the market out there. This was a complete fluke on my part, I didn't measure the dimensions beforehand

Air-Con Fan Mounts are handy to mount your fridge with.. You can get them from Bunnings or Refrigeration/ Air-con Suppliers or Installers... They are used under the Compressor Housing fitted on the outside Part of your home Split System unit, or hanging Industrial Fans... There are several types and sizes available or you can use 'Waffle Pad' a Rubber anti-vibration mat...

Because I didn't fit any of the above 'Ideas' to my fridge, I feel this helped in the Death of My Fridge prematurely... :rolleyes: 8.(

I should have known better and will use something when I get a new one... :argh:

LW....

Latest posts