Ewingar state forest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ewingar small rainforest creek fossicking. Fires burning to the north made it quite smoky.
1550631351_img_20190219_173742.jpg

That 'Tabulam' Fire is still burning... No access in to fight it .... It linked with the Wallangarra fire last week... It's going to be a bit Smokey for a few weeks yet...

LW....

Still Smokey? I haven't heard much on the fire down there.... Always nice to see stuff out of Ewingar .... Is the Forestry camp still going? I heard they have pulled down some of the old structures... Its been awhile...

LW...

Yes there is Gimp and so much more to be discovered... Good news about that fire.... About time they did something about those rotten huts... Last time we were up there we had these native 'Rats' running over us all night... It has been awhile since I have been up there....

LW....

Hi All,

Long time browser on this forum so I thought I'd setup an account, and hoping that this thread isn't completely dead.

I've been out to Ewingar SF many times, but have never really progressed past the main Ewingar creek bridge other than navigating far up stream. I have been thinking about taking a look down Rory's Road.

By chance, has anyone happened to make their way through Rory's road in recent times and if so, how was it? Is it too rugged to get a vehicle through or will I need to tear through lantana to get there?

Cheers for any info anyone can provide.

Thanks Gimp. Is the track on the west side down towards Rory's as rough as the track on the east driving to the creek? Just wanting to make sure our little Subi forester will actually make the drive :argh:

If it's around the same level of terrain we should be right.

Cheers

Bugger, Oh well at least it's not a massive trek.

Always a wealth of knowledge this forum, thanks for the help Gimp, much appreciated :Y:

You will do just as well at the bridge if you dig in the right spot. If it's smokies your after, for gold Bush bash the smaller creeks and gullies.

And it's just entered Ewingar SF.... Residents of Ewingar and surrounding areas have been told It's to late to leave... Seek shelter... Biggest fire in NSW ATM with over 14,000h burnt....

We lost 10 homes overnight here in the Gold Coast Hinterland... And more to come... :/ Water bombers everywhere...

LW...

This is horrible.

I can't believe how large it is and still growing, the smoke trails are visible from space now :( I hope everyone in the surrounding villages is going to be OK.

Lets hope that the wind calms down and it goes out soon.

Tibno said:
This is horrible.

I can't believe how large it is and still growing, the smoke trails are visible from space now :( I hope everyone in the surrounding villages is going to be OK.

Lets hope that the wind calms down and it goes out soon.
Yer, keep people safe, but let the forest burn, and more regularly.

Keen to see how Ewingar has been cleaned up, May even take the detector as boys tell of detectable gold back in the 80s before the Bush got overgrown.

Gimp said:
Keen to see how Ewingar has been cleaned up, May even take the detector as boys tell of detectable gold back in the 80s before the Bush got overgrown.

Same here. I was meant to be going out the coming week camping with the missus, but not likely with the fire still going.

Latest posts