New Member from Darwin NT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Some friends and I have just started out prospecting and are still very much in the learning stage. We have found a little through panning out near Adelaide river but havent found anything (apart from iron and bullets) with the detectors yet. Im running the GM1000 and my mate has the Makro gold racer. Im actually preferring panning at this stage cause its nice finding even a tiny bit of yellow haha.

Ive been hunting around on the internet and reading up as much as I can on locations. We went to Marrakai yesterday but were down the southern end where it seems we should have been up the northern end off the Arnhem highway. What is the access like to get out to Wallys Gully or is it locked off by current leases? Also looking for places where we can pan a little closer to Darwin. Thanks in advance ?

G'day luke, Welcome to PA. Enjoy your hunting :goldpan: :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

D.S.

Hi mate, and welcome.
I'm from Darwin as well and pretty much a newbie too. Just popped my gold-cherry at Halls Creek last week when I pulled out six small nuggets. First gold ever.

I'm using a SDC2300 and will be going out to Pine Creek area in 2 weeks. I have tried some panning before but no luck.

Maybe we can team up sometime. Good luck hunting the yellow mate.

Cheers
Arnie

AussieMate said:
Hi mate, and welcome.
I'm from Darwin as well and pretty much a newbie too. Just popped my gold-cherry at Halls Creek last week when I pulled out six small nuggets. First gold ever.

I'm using a SDC2300 and will be going out to Pine Creek area in 2 weeks. I have tried some panning before but no luck.

Maybe we can team up sometime. Good luck hunting the yellow mate.

Cheers
Arnie

Hi Arnie

Yep that would be good. I would love to get the SDC (maybe Ill pay for one in a couple years after I find a couple of ounces haha).

We have gotten gold from panning at Burrell creek bear Adelaide river and been over with detectors as well. Lots of WW2 stuff left out there as well if you like hunting for relics. Dig holes everywhere!

Hi Luke

Do you require permission from any land owners to go prospecting around Burrell Creek?
Not sure of the exact location of it either.

Yeah the sdc has been good to me so far. Found 2.7g of nuggets so far. Happy to team up one weekend share knowledge.

We havent gone into anyones property to prospect and mostly have been in the river which runs over Dorrat road. There is some expired leases there. EL25224 and EL5279.
Pretty sure its crown land so can go there anytime. Watch out for the million holes in the ground or you may do an ankle lol.

Cheers for that Luke mate,

Catch up soon and good luck. As soon as we have enough post to use the message system I'll send you my phone number.

Yep sounds good. I just checked strike as well. There is a large portion of reserved land near where we go prospecting at Burrell creek and the Daly River road goes through it. Looks like where we normally go out there has no leases or anything.

Welcome Luke,

I like the sound of Wallys Gully; enjoy the hunt :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :goldpan:

Wally69 said:
Welcome Luke,

I like the sound of Wallys Gully; enjoy the hunt :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :goldpan:

Had a look at it today and its covered by a lease so not sure if we can go there. Can always seek permission though. Worse they will say is no.

Latest posts