Battery tray for Whites SPP, TDI SL + TDI Beach Hunter.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys, just wondering if anyone would anyone have a spare Whites AA battery holder #802-7150 they would like to sell..i only have the rechargable battery and i am in need of a backup while im out in the boonies...Thanks muchly Dave.. O:) O:)

1566373888_battery.jpg

I still need the case to do the first one..ill use normal batteries no probs there, i just need the case.. :Y:

i did see those, was hopeing someone might have had the tray i was after and wanted to sell..if i dont have any luck here ill go that way for sure..thanks anyway whisp much appreciated mate..

4 single battery cell holders for Li-Ion 18650 of either type in picture arranged to fit on a flat piece of plastic will power a Whites SPP, TDI SL or TDI Beach Hunter.

Both holders can accommodate either a flat top or the longer button top protected cell.

1567468670_dscf0743_600.jpg

18650 cell battery tray for SPP + TDI SL will not fit the TDI Beach Hunter as the battery compartment on that model is different.

Modified a Whites AA battery tray to hold 4 x 18650 Li-ion cells, any of the current size 18650 cells will fit included the longer protected ones.

This battery tray will fit all 3 of Whites PI models, SPP, TDI SL and TDI Beach Hunter.

Heat and curve slightly the original lid and that to will fit.

1567839350_dscf0758_600.jpg

Have now modified the Orange 3 cell tray so it also can fit the TDI Beach Hunter.

For the fun/challenge of it, made a 4 x 18650 cell tray just for the Beach Hunter.

1567840142_dscf0745_600.jpg

TDI Beach Hunter is an SL in a water/dust proof box, with extra battery power also useful for Gold prospecting on hot WA ground.

1567988612_dscf0540_b200.jpg

Main reason for the battery case mods was to have a steady voltage and high capacity power supply, more so in the Beach Hunter as water hunting have restriction on how much you want to carry, like a spare battery.
TDI SL and SPP have more space and different tabs than the Beach Hunter that prevent the battery from being inserted backwoods in the battery compartment.

Without making cut outs in the case bottom it was easier to fit the 4x18650 cells in the middle and make a slightly flexible lid that could curve over the cells and thereby allow the same battery case to be used in all tree detectors

1571805414_18650_tdi_battery.jpg

4 single battery cell holders for Li-Ion 18650 of either type in picture arranged to fit on a flat piece of plastic will power a Whites SPP, TDI SL or TDI Beach Hunter.

Both holders can accommodate either a flat top or the longer button top protected cell.

Nice design....the photo is deceptive but do the battery contacts on the tray line up with those inside the detectors battery compartment? Sorry for asking what sounds like a stupid question !
Thanks
Tony

How waterproof is the control box on the Beach Hunter after the modifications? Do any modifications need to be made to the control box to ensure it doesn't leak?

Latest posts