Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys
Got out for a few hours this morning.
Didn't manage to get much but had some fun with a few old thrippys. :) :beer:
1558163957_20190518_171948-768x1580.jpg
1558163971_20190518_171938-768x1580.jpg

I will give em a clean at add them to the collection.
Cheers :beer: :Y:

Hi Smokey, I just purchased a NOX 800 at the camping show yesterday.....I have not used a metal detector before.
Can I trouble you for some links and hints to get started. Also any hints with the NOX....
Cheers Dean.

Deano59 said:
Hi Smokey, I just purchased a NOX 800 at the camping show yesterday.....I have not used a metal detector before.
Can I trouble you for some links and hints to get started. Also any hints with the NOX....
Cheers Dean.
Hi mate.
The Nox works Great on the standard settings.
I suggest sticking with park 1 if your just locking for coins and Jewelery or relics as it's going to be overwhelming if you start messing about with settings and modes if you have never used a detector before....Then once you get used to the tones and id's you can play around a bit with discrimination, tones, recovery speed, etc etc.
I use a modified park 1 for all dirt hunting and the factory beach 1 and 2 with a slight adjustment on the iron bias and recovery speed for all beach detecting......I personally have found no need to use any of the other modes.But you can set it to suit your personal preference.
There are a lot of Highly qulified Nox users on this forum that will help with any questions you will have while learning so don't hesitate to ask Hope that helps ..And good choice buying the Nox. :Y: . :Y: :beer:

Been a few months since I had a swing due to working way to much .Got out for 3hrs this morning before any one woke up.
Last time I was here there was no coins left so it amazes me how they always come back.
Got these from my 15x15 honey hole patch on the beach.
1567204375_20190831_082232-3024x1470.jpg
1567204401_20190831_063424-1470x3024.jpg
1567204429_20190831_074127-1470x3024.jpg
1567204454_20190831_074200-1470x3024.jpg
1567204480_20190831_074246-3024x1470.jpg
1567204514_20190831_074251-3024x1470.jpg
:beer:

Nice score with the 925 silvers, not many of them left on the beaches but ya never know what a bit of sand movement will turn up. :D

Hello there to smokey or anyone else who is following this thread......I am new to prospecting, and have just purchased a Nox 800...but from what I could find, they seem like a pretty good all round machine..but I know I have a lot to learn......my question is, I am in Qld but travel a bit.....how strict is everyone....the authorities on permits etc......and are there restrictions on detecting on Beach's and parks?
Cheers.

Hi mate
I have not heard of any restrictions on QLD beaches.
Moreton bay council and their local laws department are also unaware of any restrictions for beach hunting.. Here you do not need a fossicing permit unless you are in a GPA or using a pan or sluce on unoccupied land....
Use common sence when detecting parks.
If it's a manicured lawn, stay away .
Also don't carry a shovel , use a small had digger or screw driver and practice how to do recover the target with minimal damage to the grass.
Council doesn't mine you detecting , as long as you leave no sign of damage to the ground...
Best bet is go early like I do .
That way you never see anyone. :Y:

Cheers, and thanks for the advice.....as I say....a lot to learn.....I am so pleased after reading the posts in this thread about the Equinix 800....I feel like I have made a good decision.....there are a lot to choose from.?

Patriot+1 said:
Cheers, and thanks for the advice.....as I say....a lot to learn.....I am so pleased after reading the posts in this thread about the Equinix 800....I feel like I have made a good decision.....there are a lot to choose from.?
Good decision.
The Nox 800 would be one of the top coin and relic machine on the market .....As good as the dues, and not far behind the CTX in my personal opinion.
Good luck out there hope you find heaps. :Y:

Don't dig during droughts.... the 4D rule.
The grass doesn't ever recover properly , and even fill your holes back in on the beach... nothin worse than an ugly beach after someones dug open holes everywhere (tripping danger too).
And remember the first nation people everytime you dig into the ground (only remove new age things.... leave the ancient stuff where it was, as it's all important to someone through out time). :)

silver said:
Don't dig during droughts.... the 4D rule.
The grass doesn't ever recover properly , and even fill your holes back in on the beach... nothin worse than an ugly beach after someones dug open holes everywhere (tripping danger too).
And remember the first nation people everytime you dig into the ground (only remove new age things.... leave the ancient stuff where it was, as it's all important to someone through out time). :)
Don't think you'll find any Aboriginal artifacts with a metal detector ol mate.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p

Latest posts