Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway I've said what I felt needed to be said so anyone reading whether members or visitors can either jump onboard and help boost the NAPFA numbers that are fighting the cause for EVERYONE that reads this forum .
It's not about money essentially BUT about numbers , an association without adequate members can struggle to be taken seriously particulary when they represent a hobby with is ENJOYED BY THOUSANDS and only a handful make an effort to be heard . Our hobby supports the Car industry, camping industry , fuel industry, local town industry to name a few and WE all contribute a massive amount into the Australian Economy so why the hell wouldnt people step up and let the government know what we do ? The shooters party started small and are now a big player in the political arena !
Oh well that's it for me ,I shall go back into excile now and hopefully contribute again down the track when selfish people show more concern about the hobby they SUPPOSINGLY LOVE. :mad:

Hey GaryO... Im not selfish Mate..... I Just think my $25 is better in my pocket.... I will ask one Q?......
What has NAPFA accomplished since the ban on HB's..... Nothing in my eyes..... I will NEVER join an Organisation that keeps their members 'in the Dark'... and keeps saying 'We are closer'... To What??
Just sit back and let NAPFA work for you. :lol: :lol: ... think I will Pass thank-you... :koala:

LW....

Well fair enough, but when they over turn this ridiculous policy at some stage I guess you will be one of the first unselfish people to get that 25 bucks out of your pocket and send in out of appreciation for what they have done or better still never use a high banker again because you sat on your arse while laws just conveniently changed because people did jack syhte.. Yeah right !!! You would be firing up that banker quicker then you could say thankyou.
And secondly and my last response to you and anyone with similar views is.
I AM A MEMBER AND CAN READ AND SEE EVERYTHING NAPFA HAS DONE AND IS DOING. Are you a member ? If so I fail to comprehend what they are keeping you in the dark about .... it's all there in black and white for every member to read.
Anyway happy fossicking , and thanks for nothing.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

O:) here we go again ]:D

:awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful:

7.62marksman said:
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

:awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful: :awful:

Did you see the before edit or the after edit?

Was on the verge of hitting that report button as it seemed pretty out of line to me.

(Edit)
Oops, it seems he posted since. The original post still stands.

Not doing the cause any favours.

Queenslander!...Queenslander!...Meanwhile...out in the goldfields of ...nsw!nsw!... :cool: Napfa is there..stuck in... fighting tooth and nail ducking and weaving the thrusts of highbrow Department heads ,Secrataries and changing Government officials...you too can Read All About It...if you stump up yer 25Bucks and become a Member. :cool:

I lost faith in NAPHA as a lobbying organization after being a member for a couple of years. Mainly due to trouble at the top end a few years ago (others can explain). Its all well and good to be passionate but those at the top need the smarts as well.

Jazz said:
7.62marksman said:

Did you see the before edit or the after edit?

Was on the verge of hitting that report button as it seemed pretty out of line to me.

(Edit)
Oops, it seems he posted since. The original post still stands.

Not doing the cause any favours.

Gday Jazz . "He" actually has a name . I think its GaryO
By all means report away :cool:

Smoky bandit said:
They will never over turn the policy.
Once it is law it stays law...Especially when it's about prospecting.You are all coming into line with QLD..
Sad truth. :N:
I admit I thought the same.
But it seems the NSW DRG have admitted it never was law & using a pump is also within the law. Fancy that :eek:
Can't reproduce the members newsletter here but the basic outline is it reads to me like a green light to highbank again without fear of fine?
It seems the NSW DRG have dropped the opposition to the high banker & small power operated equipment.
:Y:

mbasko said:
Smoky bandit said:
Once it is law it stays law...Especially when it's about prospecting.You are all coming into line with QLD..
But it seems the NSW DRG have admitted it never was law & using a pump is also within the law. Fancy that :eek:
Can't reproduce the members newsletter here but the basic outline is it reads to me like a green light to highbank again without fear of fine?
It seems the NSW DRG have dropped the opposition to the high banker & small power operated equipment.
Hi All,
Can we somehow get confirmation of this? I wouldn't mind hitting Oallen again. :pickshovel:
Recently I've been thinking about selling my pumps and hoses and turning my highbanker back into a river sluice again but I may have to reconsider now.
Cheers
Mick

you guys have short memories, they banned greyhound racing virtually overnight , now they admit they made a judgemental error and its back not as it was before but it is back so there is an avenue under some bull dust act where they review legislation on a 5 year cycle the aim of that is to repeal the bull dust laws think its hind under the subordinate act , how many of you would put your hand up for a class action against the government after all they appear to admit they were wrong how many of you have been mentally, psychologically or financially affected by their wrongful application of a law that they now admit ,,,, never existed. if i wasn't bitter and twisted i would run for a political position where i could review the performance of some of those bureaucrats seems they are untouchable

Yes Governments know they are un-touchable.... I tried to sue QLD Health and was advised by 3 top law firms that I would loose the case as they have the laws sown up, so it is very difficult to take legal action against them...

LW...

backcreek said:
mbasko said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hi All,
Can we somehow get confirmation of this? I wouldn't mind hitting Oallen again. :pickshovel:
Recently I've been thinking about selling my pumps and hoses and turning my highbanker back into a river sluice again but I may have to reconsider now.
Cheers
Mick

any further updates on the reinterpretation of the previously confused misunderstanding ~ ? :argh:

mmm legislation exactly what is is, the law ,,, LAW ,,, i recall a politician once used those words " LAW " but from my observations and interpretation of LAW its just words on paper the test is in the courts to be effective the LAW needs to be tested whatever the outcome its then deemed to be case law,,,, tested by the courts and the real good legal eagles thrive on case law and the weakness of legislation , those that do pro bono cases , well ,,,, probably out for the experience what have they got to loose ,,, nothing ,,, I have been exposed to the best of the best, now the registrar in the supreme court is just a fancy court official they do not apply the proper due processes that we the general public would expect of the higher courts the benefit of a class action is that the costs are spread out across those affected and the defendant would be looking at the payouts if they loose something to think about, now for an example , the parking police must use chalk to effectively mark the tyre of a parked vehicle, they used crayon now that's not chalk so there was a question about the issue of parking fines not issues as prescribed by law, never did hear the outcome .

With 2019 coming to a close, I just got a reminder to renew my fossicking licence. This panning deal in NSW has been pretty slow and I haven't even reached a gram yet. I know where the gold is, but processing the materials without a highbanker sucks balls.

I've been ready to pull the trigger on buying a complete setup for some time now, but living in the ACT it's just not bloody worth it. Victorian goldfields are hours away for me, so my day trips are all eaten up by driving, losing money and valuable time.

It's been a long time, does anyone know if there's going to be a resolution soon?

Baz.

So...... what? Anything? Hello? What's going on?

When can we have our highbankers back?

Baz.