XP Deus PI Upgrade??????????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elsewhere on the forum I have read that Whites were at one stage supposedly working on a hybrid PI/VLF ... Nothing seems to have ever come out of it tho.
The GPZ is apparently a bit like a hybrid .... but at a price!

The QED is a good choice Hippy Hunter. Howard is a very dedicated guy. I've worked with him. He's one of those rare people who never gives up till he gets it right. The QED is good value because he wanted it that way.

I think that whites detector talk eas from about 4-5 years ago. I guess it wasnt such an easy thing to achieve seeing as not heard more by now.

The qed kind of reminds me in my mind of using the deus. Light and harness free. The harness and weight is the main thing i dont like about minelab pi's

Yes they are heavy. Used em for years. Other option that Im using now and loving it is a whites TDI pro OZ. The only PI with discrim ability. Plus good balance. I can happily swing it with no harness and I have back problems.

ronniecruisin said:
The only PI with discrim ability.
Not quite right. Minelab P I's have had Iron Reject since the SD2200D. It's not perfect by any means but does work. You do need to use a DD coil.
The Garrett ATX also has an iron check feature & adjustable discrimination.
Fisher Labs Impulse AQ PI detector which is to be released soon & is aimed at beach detectorists will also have discrimination abilities (said to be better than anything available in PI now).
The TDI "discrim" isn't perfect either & will only blank out either high or low conductors which can mean missed gold depending on setting.
I wouldn't be 100% trusting any current form of PI "discrim" & would only use in the worst possible junk area/s.
If you want good, accurate discrimination abilities you need to use a VLF.
A VLF/PI machine would be most advantageous if it had the ability to run simultaneously or be easily switched over to VLF on the run to discriminate/check targets more accurately & even then gold can still fool a VLF.

Yes. All true. The whites works with a mono which is good. True. No machine is perfect. It comes down to operator decision whether to use these features. Personally I'm finding the TDI one of the most versatile machines I've ever owned. And I've had em all. Or a large cross section anyway. I'm actually having fun again. Detecting is Crap Shoot! There are countless ways to approach it. :argh:

Latest posts