Manning Valley NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been to Copeland a couple of times now run by national parks .Had a go 15 years ago. Did try lots of test pans found one spot near a water hole that gave me about ten specks of gold per pan scraping a clay layer about a foot down. went back about a month ago got a few colours out of lots of test pans. Not worth the trouble. But i am interested in Mummel Creek and the Cells. I do know the national Parks runs that area as well. But not sure how big the national park is and where might be a chance to do a few test pans. Maybe someone out there might help with that.
Cheers Glenno

glenno11 said:
Been to Copeland a couple of times now run by national parks .Had a go 15 years ago. Did try lots of test pans found one spot near a water hole that gave me about ten specks of gold per pan scraping a clay layer about a foot down. went back about a month ago got a few colours out of lots of test pans. Not worth the trouble. But i am interested in Mummel Creek and the Cells. I do know the national Parks runs that area as well. But not sure how big the national park is and where might be a chance to do a few test pans. Maybe someone out there might help with that.
Cheers Glenno
I have not been on the pa site in quite a while...it is a hard slog around the manning finding gold these days because all the good spots are locked up tight as.. I will pm you.. :)

glenno there are some old workings very close to where you live.. paddys creek gold mine.. google it up.. it is on private land.. being a local you may meet up with somebody that can get you into that area.. paddys creek area had/has??? alluvial gold .. I have google earth coordinates if you need them.. :)

Kawman I have just recently moved back to the manning area and have been poking around lansdowne area the last few days scoping out the area I'm keen to meet new people who are into fossicking and would like to get some info on the area from a local if you don't mind sharing abit of information

Anyone keen to get out and have a look about im always keen I went out to caffreys flat the other day and had a bit of a dig and I found a few specks of gold so I will be going back to check out the area abit more i just recently moved to Wingham so if anyone is keen sometime send me a message.

My grandfather pulled a 14 ounce honeycomb from copeland back in the day.but its all locked now for good reason..last time i was there the national parks closed it because it was filling up with water...newbies cave in the manning valley is very cool spot found a small quarts rock with what looks to be a small peice of silver. And some interesting peices from there.. :)

Hi Im very aware of your Manning Valley and it would appear that everything about the valley lends itself to being the perfect environment for gold and precious stones. Im puzzled as to why when every single region around the Manning Valley produces these things the Manning doesnt. Every sign is there to indicate but hey we live in a world of mystery.

Latest posts