Wiluna?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers hookey13, thats great to hear!

Yeah, I'm getting everything prepared for the trip as we speak! I am going to see out the season around the Wiluna area.
I've got some nice looking spots all picked out, I've done more research than anyone would care to believe. All that's left to do is actually get out there and give it a crack - so fingers crossed we hit the mother load! :pickshovel: :goldnugget: :) :Y:

Well Guys and Gals, Wiluna was a massive flop :(
It seemed as though the whole place was one massive wash.
Dont get me wrong - the gold might be there but I think its the kinda ground that needs some D10 TLC.
We went out as far East as "Rubys Find" (roughly 130k) and still the same kind of ground.

I did pick up a little piece (1.35g) out on Lake Violet station at a place called "Hidden Treasure"

So If your heading to Wiluna consider yourselves warned haha

Headed south and picked up a half gram in Menzies a week ago.
Then spent 2 days in broad arrow, (I think the big fella was thinking about Wiluna when he made that place haha the ground is soooooo deep)
Next stop is Coolgardie, got a couple of places picked out so I hope I find something there!

Hi Muza

disappointed for you mate, as I know how far it is to travel there. What do you mean by:" It seemed as though the whole place was one massive wash"?

I'm thinking of heading there next May, do you think it not the place to go?

Is the store still in town for supplies and fuel?

cheers
Greg

Latest posts