Hi all from Bundy!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The missus purchased a Garrett ace 400i for me recently for when we are away in the caravan so as i am new to all this i thought i would join up and say g'day to people who obviously like the same. I am only looking at beach, parks and general detecting and not going to go all out for Gold prospecting, the back wouldn't hold up anyway. Am in the process of finding out if permits, for the sake of Qld Govt. revenue raising, is needed and where is allowed on public land. I look forward to conversing with members and offering whatever input i can that may help along the way. Cheers

Thanks Silver, great to be here. Thanks for the links as well, will check them out. I have done a bit of bottle digging at old outback house dumps and owned one (toy) detector and found a nice old enamel insurance sign buried, which the property owner promptly claimed unfortunately, but am looking at it a bit more seriously now that i have extra time on my hands. Cheers :Y:

Welcome Aboard EasyLife. Hope you have lots of fun in your new hobby. Looks like Silver has given you some good links to start with.

-DS

Thanks Deepseeker.
There is a plethora of info here. I still haven't had time to get out and try the Garrett yet but maybe i will get a chance soon.

Hi everyone, still haven't had much time to swing or pan but now also have a minelab sovereign to play with. Seems like a good machine but a little more advanced in setup than the Garrett i400.