Coils for the QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1566903564_rps20190827_205610.jpg

Got this little guy with the PL1 and 6x9 NF on the weekend. :present:

Reg, re the 14 X-coil, how would the sensitivity to small gold compare to the likes of the 11 Minelab mono?

What price do they have on this coil?

Cheers mate.

Al.

Al, it was my mistake reporting on this coil as 14", as it was in fact the 12" coil that I tested. The tests were pretty impressive, and I tested many different coils of a similar size, and a few smaller and larger. I did air and ground tests, and without posting individual coils, distances and settings, I feel confident in saying that the X coil was not only better on response to targets, but handled ground conditions in a very positive manner as well. Very good on small gold.
In a 'nutshell', good on GPX and QED.
Prices? You would need to ask Dave, as I haven't broached the subject.

Reg Wilson said:
Al, it was my mistake reporting on this coil as 14", as it was in fact the 12" coil that I tested. The tests were pretty impressive, and I tested many different coils of a similar size, and a few smaller and larger. I did air and ground tests, and without posting individual coils, distances and settings, I feel confident in saying that the X coil was not only better on response to targets, but handled ground conditions in a very positive manner as well. Very good on small gold.
In a 'nutshell', good on GPX and QED.
Prices? You would need to ask Dave, as I haven't broached the subject.

Thanks Reg, cheers.

I was most disappointed upon my receiving my Detech CC 18" coil after trying it on the QED. It performed really well on my GPX but fell well short of expectations on the QED.
I contacted Howard and told him of my experience. He was nonplussed, and asked me if I could let him have the coil to see if he could work out the problem. Well, as usual he soon worked out the situation. It seems that a certain number of QEDs had a minor wiring difference, and my unit was one of those. I still have my prototype PL1 QED, which is number 2 QED, and it is still the same unmodified, non updated, original. This detector is now a collectors item and is kept in its original form, so I did not try the 18" cc coil on it.
Howard tested the Detech CC coil on one of his units and stated that it was very impressive on depth and stability tests. I now have to get my PL2 changed to accept the CC coil. Will report my findings as soon as I can get the necessary changes incorporated.

Tonight I opened the package from Russia.
We now have the brilliant 12" x 6" X coil available for QED owners. The recommended retail price for this coil is AU $650, but for QED owners the introductory price is a one off of AU $500.
There is a QED PL2X package available with a number of stem and handle types. New types are under development.

Tathradj said:
The Sadie is very easy to set up and is
a brilliant choice for a QED.

It would appear the Sadie, although brilliant and for an extra $200 than the Sadie an introductory price for a brilliant 12x6 X-Coil is now available for the QED. And without the X-Coil introductory price than it will cost an extra $350 than the Sadie.

Another choice for the QED that I am considering is the NF 12x8 Evo for $40 less than the 12x6 X-coil introductory price or $190 less if without the 12x6 X-Coil introductory price.

Rush said:
Tathradj said:

It would appear the Sadie, although brilliant and for an extra $200 than the Sadie an introductory price for a brilliant 12x6 X-Coil is now available for the QED. And without the X-Coil introductory price than it will cost an extra $350 than the Sadie.

Another choice for the QED that I am considering is the NF 12x8 Evo for $40 less than the 12x6 X-coil introductory price or $190 less if without the 12x6 X-Coil introductory price.
If you go the Nugget Finder 12 x 8 Evo then you will get the Sadie free. The free Sadie is a Nugget Finder Xmas deal for the next couple of weeks with any Evo coil purchased. :Y:
Nugget Finder said:
Xmas Super Special Offer

BuyanyCoil from ourEvolution RangeduringDecember

and receive the ever popular(8"x6") Advantage (Sadie) worth $290.00FREE...

One of the special offers from QED is a Nuggetfinder package on all three of their stem and handle configurations.
Detech handle, telescope stem and armrest with NF 17" x 13" Evolution solid coil plus free Sadie $2,150.00
Whites 'tower' handle, straight stem armrest and internal power cord with NF 17" X 13" Evolution solid coil plus free Sadie $2,150.00
Whites 'S' handle, armrest and internal power cord with NF 17" X 13" Evolution solid coil plus free Sadie $2,100.00
All packages include speaker, charger, batteries, and come with a five year warranty on QED electronics.
The Detech package does not come with internal wiring as the handle is solid and does not lend itself to this modification.

PS the entry level detector is still available at $1,850 which is the Whites 'S' setup with Sadie coil. The other two stem options with Sadies are also still available or 11" Detech coil at $1,900.00 and $1,950.00.

Reg

I have the 11" Detech and a Sadie. Where would the 12"x6" x-coil sit compared to these coils. Does it replace them both ?

Dave, the coils that you have are both excellent, and I feel that there is probably no need for you to consider an X coil at this stage. Sure the X coil is probably the best coil on the market, but it is quite expensive and most likely it would not be a good investment for someone like yourself who already has two very good coils.
When you have found enough gold to cover the cost of an X coil then it could be worth considering.

mbasko said:
Rush said:
Tathradj said:

If you go the Nugget Finder 12 x 8 Evo then you will get the Sadie free. The free Sadie is a Nugget Finder Xmas deal for the next couple of weeks with any Evo coil purchased. :Y:
Nugget Finder said:
Xmas Super Special Offer

BuyanyCoil from ourEvolution RangeduringDecember

and receive the ever popular(8"x6") Advantage (Sadie) worth $290.00FREE...

Where is this deal?

https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au
Just ask any Nugget Finder retailer.

"Purchase any Nuggetfinder Evolution coil for the month of December 2019 and you are eligible for a FREE 8x6" Advantage Sadie Coil (valued at $295)!Simply send your Warranty Registration along with a Copy of your Receipt to Nuggetfinder and your 8" x 6 Advantage Sadie Coil will be sent Express Post within 30 days."

Examples:
https://luckystrikegold.com.au/Products/385/Nugget-Finder-12x8-Evolution-Coil

https://prospectorspick.com.au/nugget-finder-xmas-special-offer/

Thanks basko so my next question is any supplier ?
I'm looking at afterpay and have located 1
But not sure if it includes afterpay

The deal is with any supplier as Nugget Finder themselves are sending you the free coil.
You'll have to find out who uses Afterpay? I've never used it & don't know anything about it sorry.