Whites compatible battery tray, 3 x 18650

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karrlian, I would be interested to see your findings especially the optimal run time for the 4x18650. I'm assuming you won't charge them much past 16v..
What is that coil you got there? Looks ideal for some of the places I can't really get into with the miner John.
If snowboarder makes the battery pack I'll post it on here when it becomes available :Y:

The 4 x 18650 pack has Panasonic NCR19650B flat cells, a quick test to see how long the pack lasts in the Tdi SL. The machine had a modest threshold and no headphones, so using the speaker for max battery drain..

9.00 am 16.4 volts, starting voltage.
10.00am 15.5 volts one hour.
11.00am 14.9 volts two hours.
11.30am 14.6 volts tow and a half hours.
12.00 14.4 volts three hours.
12.30pm 14.15 volts three and a half hours.
1.00 pm 13.9 volts 4 hours.

Fast drop in the first hour which slows as the cells are depleted. I'll pull the plug at 3 hours to optimise performance. Since the design allows us to swap out for fresh cells in the field I'll do it for max depth. So three hours and I'm still well over 14 volts.

Karelian

That's awesome thanks for that! I'll see how different those numbers are here in the pilbara heat :skull:

snippifish testing was on a sunny but cool day. I noticed that the 4 x 18650 pack was always warm when checked, but never hot. Sometimes on really hot days battery packs can get very warm. Desert heat can do strange things to electronics... and stylish black paint. Just one image of the completed 4 x 18650 modified White's battery holder. Karelian
1567513825_img_1310_edited.jpg

I'll probably end up wrapping the control box in some insulated cover. I'm not sure what's considered to hot for a detector coil but will find out :lol:

Latest posts